The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More horses

gav

Had my N/A import for a couple of months now. Great car for looks, and it's quite rapid for an auto, nice to drive etc. Any mods you guys know of that will squeeze out a few more horses - I got blown away by an Imprezza STI the other day. The car is fairly standard apart from 17" Volkracing Alloys and a Pro-Racing Exhaust.

If money is the problem then I think it is more efficient to make the car lighter instead of spending more money on parts which squeeze some more juice out of it. Strip the car and it will go faster and I don;t think that affect your insurance neither :p

I am serious you know, just incase you think I am a nutta

N China

Had my N/A import for a couple of months now. Great car for looks, and it's quite rapid for an auto, nice to drive etc. Any mods you guys know of that will squeeze out a few more horses - I got blown away by an Imprezza STI the other day. The car is fairly standard apart from 17" Volkracing Alloys and a Pro-Racing Exhaust.

Hi Gav, I presume you have removed both cats, as this can gain a few horses.

A similar question was asked the other day and a list of mods was made [thread=32086]see here[/thread]

As you can read on this post, I found out the other day that the tuners I use in HK have fitted a Greddy E-manage/adjustable cam gears on a few NA Supras here and have seen some fairly good performance gains. I don't believe anyone has tried this in the UK yet, so could be a new challenge for Ian C.

The nitrous option is quite good if you only want that extra power on occasions and not extra power all the time. To be fair its also not the cheapest option on th eplanet either roughing out at between £700-£1k fitted for a decent system. Then theres the constant filling costs. Don't get me wrong I thought it was worth the money when I did it to my N/A but I lusted after more permanent power so traded up to a TT.

Quit drinking and smoking for a week and save the cash you would have spent on a nitrous kit, replacement ECU, and adjustable Cam doobries and swap across to a TT. The insurance difference between a modded N/A and standard TT alone will cover your initial expenses in 3 years.

I found out the other day that the tuners I use in HK have fitted a Greddy E-manage/adjustable cam gears on a few NA Supras here and have seen some fairly good performance gains. I don't believe anyone has tried this in the UK yet, so could be a new challenge for Ian C.

I've installed an emanage on my N/A, not done the cam gears though. I'm still in the process of tuning it. Once I've got a good map I'll get it rolling roaded and see how its performing. I've got one of those Gtech pros for basic comparisons, but I wouldn't trust its accuracy too much.

Thanks for all the suggestions people, you've given me plenty of food for thought. Might try to save up & go the TT route. By the way the cars listed are all previous (now all sold). I'll update my signiture accordingly.

I've installed an emanage on my N/A, not done the cam gears though. I'm still in the process of tuning it. Once I've got a good map I'll get it rolling roaded and see how its performing. I've got one of those Gtech pros for basic comparisons, but I wouldn't trust its accuracy too much.

Nice one Matt, would be interested to know what you think when you get it all set up.