The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, I have no idea what i'm doing!

Guest sicarius

Guest sicarius

Hello lads (and ladettes)

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself, I'm Ramon from the Netherlands and work in IT

I've built quite a few contraptions but never car related, in fact I never owned a car but i'm very interested in the 2JZ engine and would love to do a swap once I know enough.

I'll probably lurk for a while after this post, but then at least you'll know who's stalking you :)

Now the next thing i'm gonna do is read, read and read some more!

Guest sicarius
Welcome to the club Ramon

What are you planning to swap a 2JZ into?

Thanks (and thanks to all of the above)

A classic Volvo 245, mainly because it's been done before so I won't run into unsolvable problems, and because it's a house on wheels, so a perfect sleeper :)

Any advice, besides "don't do it" :D ?

Thanks (and thanks to all of the above)

A classic Volvo 245, mainly because it's been done before so I won't run into unsolvable problems, and because it's a house on wheels, so a perfect sleeper :)

Any advice, besides "don't do it" :D ?

I say go for it. Even if its been done, its far and few. So good luck with your project in the future and when you do build it, make sure you share and make a project thread!

Guest sicarius

Thanks guys, Any idea what car would be good as a donor for the 2JZ? Considering buying brand new, but it's much cheaper to just get a donor and send it to wreckage once i got the good stuff out.

For the Volvo i'm looking for a late 70's model (with the round headlights) unless that generates a lot of issues.

For now it's only sourcing information though, in about 6 weeks I have a miniature female version of me popping out of my wife, so i assume i'll be quite busy for a while.. But that gives me time to save up and round up parts :D

Thanks guys, Any idea what car would be good as a donor for the 2JZ? Considering buying brand new, but it's much cheaper to just get a donor and send it to wreckage once i got the good stuff out.

For the Volvo i'm looking for a late 70's model (with the round headlights) unless that generates a lot of issues.

For now it's only sourcing information though, in about 6 weeks I have a miniature female version of me popping out of my wife, so i assume i'll be quite busy for a while.. But that gives me time to save up and round up parts :D

Save up? Clearly this is your first child :D

Congratulations and welcome to the club, we have a wealth of knowledge on this forum so enjoy yourself.

Guest sicarius
Haha just what I was thinking abz..

Awesome idea though bud, I've seen that exact Volvo 245 on you tube ripping around with Bjorck's old supra

Heheh, IT is a lucrative business :p

Bjorck's volvo is what inspired me. It'll be great taking that boat sideways over a roundabout