The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Main dealers... any good ones for Supras? discounts?!

and1c

So I have recently got familiar with local Burrows Toyota stealer.

They are very average indeed, in terms of 'giving a damn' and poor pricing.

Just wondering if there is a forum recommended dealers? maybe with a bit of Supra knowledge for a start..!!

I am also looking to see if there is a Toyota EPC anywhere online?

The latest part I need is a coolant hose that goes to the ICV (the small wiggly hose nearer to the front of the engine but under Inlet manifold). I cant find any diagrams that I can get PN off? any ideas please?

thanks

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Agree, but I enquired about a v 160 getrag out of interest. The guy said it was NLA but when it was available it was £21,000?? What a joke! They are about $7k in America brand new..!maybe that was across the board toyota pricing!?

It's possible I can use a generic rubber hose! this one is very squiggly as it passes through the IM though, so it may kink with a normal hose

Steve manley is who you need, or contact wifbitz as they do OEM bits from Toyota.

Also the v160 is discontinued and the few in the states are a rare opportunity. The newer v161 is cheaper as there are more available from both the States and Japan. Some UK companies can source these for you.

Steve manley is who you need, or contact wifbitz as they do OEM bits from Toyota.

Also the v160 is discontinued and the few in the states are a rare opportunity. The newer v161 is cheaper as there are more available from both the States and Japan. Some UK companies can source these for you.

Thanks. What is the v161 out of then? Is it an improvement or the same? And how do I contact Steve Manley?

Thanks

Thanks. What is the v161 out of then? Is it an improvement or the same? And how do I contact Steve Manley?

Thanks

The v161 is the newer model to the v160. Its the one found in most facelift supras as standard. As strong with very slight difference to the ratio's. One other difference is the shifter sits slighty higher with a standard shifter.

J

If you plan ahead and don't need the parts urgently you can use TOYODIY to find your part numbers and AMAYAMA to order them from either Japan or UAE etc. It takes 2 weeks from order to delivery and you can save a lot (always compare to uk prices as it's not always true) even after postage and customs fees. It works especially well for light items, ie rubber hoses, brake refurb kits etc. I've done 3 or so orders so far and always got the correct bits it just takes time.