The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEC Classic Motor Show 2015 - Cars and People Needed

TheTurtleshead

Dates: 13,14,15 th November 2015

After the roaring succes that was MKIV Supra.net's first visit to the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show in 2014.....

I am delighted to announce that we have been invited back!

Last year's team of; Wiley, Ian, Jake, Ibrar, Lewis did a fantastic job manning the stand, but the entire 3 days were a bit of a hard slog for them I felt. Therefore this year I am appealing to the wider club for volunteers to come along and help out on maybe one day.

We had a brilliant reception last year to the cars, despite them being in the younger spectrum at the show. I expect we will have even more interest this year, as the show tends to grow each annum, and if Darren is successful in getting into the sporting bears charity rides at the same show, with his supra.

Tickets for those willing to come and help out will ofc be free of charge for the day/days they attend. Spouses are welcome and even encouraged!

I'm sure that last year's attendees will post in here confirming how much of a good time they had before! :D

Please note, only apply if you are a sociable chap/chappette who is willing to engage with members of the public and promote your club! :)

Cars: I am also going to put the feelers out again for cars. We have 5 spaces this year, if you want to apply please post in here, a pic/details would be useful! (I don't need a 900 word spec list!)

I am ideally after clean, stock-ish cars of all flavours/colours, so long as it's an original colour!. An aerotop would be especially welcome!

Cheers,

James.

Edited by TheTurtleshead (see edit history)

Hi James, i'd like to go, probably one day but possibly could do 2.

The most up to date pictures of my car can be found on pages 9 and 11 of this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?312085-Glanza_Mike-s-Clean-White-VVTI-Supra-Project!/page9

It's a stockish body, with just aftermarket wheels, brakes, suspension, spoiler, front lip and exhaust.

Let me know if it's suitable :)

Im up for coming again to represent the NA's James as already said :) (few pictures even though you knwo what she looks like.)

For anyone thinking about it, it was a brilliant event met people from all walks of life and have to say it was probably my faviourite event of 2014's shows.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202883&d=1436184203

attachment.php?attachmentid=202878&d=1436184091

attachment.php?attachmentid=202890&d=1436200490

attachment.php?attachmentid=201173&d=1431543917

attachment.php?attachmentid=202205&d=1433953969

:D Hi James we ( Jackie and myself ) are both available for the stand again this year, we enjoyed ourselves so much last year, it wasn't as much a slog maybe we could have sat down a little more to save our feet lol :D,

This year Jackie will bring her car down as well so we have a Taxi for the " to and From " the Hotel and we will sort some catering out for us whilst in the show

Cheers

-Ian-

229344_10150173071187967_625322966_6911291_3970796_n.jpg

Dragonball 14.jpg

Jay & Mike - Both your cars are of standard, I'd like to shy away from Stock wheels on a white car as we had Lewis's white UK on stock wheels last year and I need to vary the content.

You'd need to leave the car there for the full 3 days. You yourself wouldn't have to be present for the entire 3 days(Lewis dropped his car off and went home), but the car must be in on thursday night and not move until sunday evening.

Me and the wife would be Happy to help, only live an hour away. Last year's show was most enjoyable. You can also use my aerotop if you like. It is stock body but will hopefully be na-t by then. It's also Matt black.

Hi mate,

Love to have you along to help, trying to stick with stock colours on the cars so unfortunatley although it is an aero we can't really take it.

We are very lucky to have the stand this year as competition for places was so tight. I am trying to keep the cars more stock looking this year, to make them appear more 'classic' .

Hi mate,

Love to have you along to help, trying to stick with stock colours on the cars so unfortunatley although it is an aero we can't really take it.

We are very lucky to have the stand this year as competition for places was so tight. I am trying to keep the cars more stock looking this year, to make them appear more 'classic' .

No problem maybe next year after my royal Sapphire pearl respray. We can only help out on the Sunday if you don't need the car so let us know and we'll make ourselves available. :sly:

Edited by walkerstrider (see edit history)

Hi James, would love to display my car.

Spec is as follows:

Mileage

146,000km

Transmission

M5W Manual 5speed W58

Body

Aerotop

Resprayed in original OEM 3L2 Red

Engine

2JZ-GE - block machined to GTE spec with oil squirters

CP 86.5mm GTE Pistons

Manley H Beam conrods

ACL Main and rod bearings

ARP main and rod studs

OEM 2JZ-GE headgasket

ARP Headstuds

New OEM GTE oil pump

New OEM Water pump

New OEM Front crank seal

New OEM Rear crank seal

Ferrea Teflon VSS

Gates Timing belt kit

Management

AEM V2 standalone management system

AEM UEGO wideband sensor and gauge

Greddy OLED EBC

Induction

K&N 4" Cone filter

Garage Whifbitz 4" Induction pipe

3" Toyosports FMIC

2.5" Custom FMIC pipework

ACIS valve delete

BorgWarner S360 0.88 T4 Turbo

Exhaust

Garage Whifbitz T4 Log Manifold

Garage Whifbitz 3" V band Downpipe

Garage Whifbitz 3" Decat

HKS Hi Power Silent 3" cat back exhaust

Turbosmart 45mm Hypergate External wastegate

Garage Whifbitz External screamer pipe

Fuelling

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Siemens DEKA 650cc injectors

OEM fuel computer delete

Fuel pulsation damper bypass

Wheels

Rota Torque Drift

9.5J ET30 front

235/40/18 Toyo T1 sport

9.5J ET30 rear

255/35/18 Toyo T1 sport

Brakes

UK spec calipers

rebuilt by CW with stainless Pistons, pins and clips

OEM Discs

OEM Pads

Dot 5.1 fluid

Interior

OEM Black leather seats

Black headlining

Black carpets

ICE

Alpine IDA X305s head unit

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

This really is a fantastic event guys, get involved or at least get yourself tickets!!

I think I tried to do too much with too many people last year so didn't end up spending enough time on the stand but happy to come along again this year and help out one of the days.