The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running on Ohlins shocks?

LOGIE

I'm fitting my ohlins shocks today unfortunately I'm having to keep my old springs until I can find a good replacement...I have no idea what make they are but they are very firm.....and now very rusty. Just wondered if anyone could advise on good springs that go well with Ohlins?image

Yeah Matt cheers these current springs are FIRM I think they might be cusco by the look of them I do have stocks springs in my garage. I'll get through my MOT then decide on springs.

the car originally came with Cusco springs on those dampeners but I asked Jurgen to change them as it was far too low Il find a pic..

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

I didn't realise that you could get an MOT without springs?

Note that altering the ride height will alter the geometry and decide how many times you want to part with £200 odd to have it set up.

Oh, and get some oil on those rusting seams and hose unions.

My billies have a serious knock at the rear David (mot issue there) just seemed a shame to put a great set of Ohlins onto my springs (which I'm having to do as mot is 14th.) I'm just trying to find out what else people with Ohlins are running on for future ref.

Those springs look to be an insane static rate, and an even more insane dynamic rate! I do my own springs to suit the Japanese Ohlins, and they are £240 plus VAT a set. I think I have a set on the shelf.

Insane static rate? Dynamic rate? What does that actually mean?