The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ignitor pack problem, need advice.

marcAB10

So I was driving the car yesterday and hit a pothole, everything was fine before hand but as soon as the car jolted from the bump the red handbrake light came on along with the engine management light, the exhaust sounded like an impreza and it went into safe mode so cut power when i tried to accelerate. Luckily i was just around the corner from where i was parking it. James came over to help identify what was going on, ran the fault code check (paperclip) and code 14 came up, we cleared it by resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery and also unplugged the ignitor pack gave it a blow and reconnected.. it temporarily fixed the problem for about 100 meters driving but then the same happened again.. i turned the car over today and it seemed to sound fine again but i never drove it… Our initial thoughts it a faulty ignitor pack but i'm looking for any advice if someone has had similar problems? Idealy i'd like to swap it over with a different ignitor pack to check if it is mine that is faulty, james's is the vvti which looks different from mine and the only other up my way would be kieran but his car is currently away having some work done. If anyone has one spare i could try and send back that would be very helpful!

By the looks of it i also need to check if all the coil packs are secure, just with it temporarily fixing it after blowing the ignitor connections it makes me think its that thats faulty?

Any advice appreciated.

Bump on Marc's behalf - does anyone happen to have a non-VVTi TT igniter spare that they would be willing to pop in the post so that we can test it?

Will have a check over the coil pack clips and associated bits when we get a chance, in case something has knocked itself loose.

:thumbs:

Another mention for coil clips, it happend on mine a few years back, a hard launch destoyed a clip, at the time i thought id popped a turbo it had that rattle you'd expect but it was basically just a bad miss

With Marcs car being so low does he have the wiring protected in the arches? I burnt through the inner arch then the wiring last year on the d/s on the old car, car wouldnt start due to one wiire being totally burntout