The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about suspicious Supra, that I will be looking at today.

Gruwy

Dear club members,

I'm trying to look for a good NA Supra and I've found one in my town.

Little bit info about the car:

- Price: 6500 EUR

- 1993 year

- 101000+ kilometers (original from Japan)

- New dampers and springs

- New filters

- Aftermarket exhaust

- MoMo wheel

- OZ Superallegra 18" wheels

- Just have gone on dyno

After talking with the owner and watching a little bit of history of the car with VIN code, I've found out some problems:

1. This car was bought by this guy in 30th May of 2015, which means he haven't had it for a long time (1 month);

2. The car itself has very good technical inspection result without any faults;

3. The guy told me, that it has a good engine, but has tons of problems with electronics (conditioning doesn't work, radio aerial is not connected, driver seat is not moving and etc. (didn't yet see the car)).

What do You think about this car?

Is it worth buying?

How much would I waste to fix the electronics and potential engine faults?

From my experience I can tell, that this car can be just a sell-out for a bigger price and maybe a drowned car (because of the mayor faults in electronics).

69350879.jpg

69350894.jpg

unnamed.jpg

69350903.jpg

Edited by Gruwy
Picture attachment. (see edit history)

Driver seat not working is common. Cheap to fix if you can find a working used seat to swap over but finding them is getting harder.

Aerial getting connected up isn't a big job for someone who knows what they are doing. Who listens to radio in a supra these days anyway?

Whilst they are electronic faults they don't seem related. Can't talk for air con as never had that not work on a supra before.

Just my 2 cents from owning 2 supras. Seems pricey too but dont know the market for where you are.

When you say tons of problems, exactly what problems as seat not moving and aerial not connected don't really paint a terrible picture. As for AC not working, its a 20 year old car and you cant dismiss a car because of the aerial, seat and ac not working. It sounds a little expensive for a NA compared to whats available in the UK, but am guessing its already been registered in Estonia and had its import duty paid? Think I am right in thinking that alone would be a pretty hefty amount?

Thank you everyone, who replied. Yesterday I looked on that supra and was very dissapointed. The owner didn't provide any service history nor didn't even know most obvious things, that I asked him (how many owners, oils used for motor, odometer true value, paint job history and etc). Had a lot rusted spots underneath the car and even the engine block was a bit rusty. The engine seemed fine to me.

Well, will be looking for another one in UK and Japan, as Baltic countries don't have any left, that deserve attention.

Thank You all for attention and informative replies.