The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally all suspension done!

Rob W

Firstly.....what an absolute bollock ache that was!

I changed my rear upper arms a month or so ago and noticed a difference on how the car responed. As I was getting play in the passenger front upper arm I bit the bullet and bought all new oem upper and lower arms, as well as new associated steering parts:

Front upper and lower arms

ARB drop links

ARB bushes

Track rod end

Track rod arms

Steering rack gaiters

Rear lower arms

One of the rear arm camber bolts were seized in the bush, not matter how much heat we used the thing would not move. Had to piss about cutting the bolt out but luckily enough I had some new camber bolts ready. The rest came out on the rear slowly but surely taking our time.

Then we get onto the front, drivers lower seized and no spare camber bolts to replace with when cut out! Big thanks to Chris Wilson sorting me out with a new one and getting it sent out special delivery for me today so we could finally finish it. Picture of the seized bolt in the bush after we cut it out.

After we got that out it was a simple job to put back all together, done all the steering parts as well while we was working on the front.

Next door to my brothers unit is an wheel shop that does 4 wheel alignment which was a touch so took it straight to them. They spent a good hour and half on the car making sure everything was correct and talking me thought it. I had it set up to the "lance" settings and after everything being fitted and set up what a difference how the car drives on the road. By far the best money I've spent on the car, feels so tight and solid on the road now.

I couldn't of done this without my brother as of many times I wanted to pour petrol over the thing and watch it burn....not really got the patience for working on my own car! All the hassle has been worth it tho, back to being happy with the car again.

Also it had its MOT and went through no problems :thumbs: overall been a good couple of days!

Little picture I took of the car outside Toyota this morning while I was waiting for the parts department to open up.

I've got a BBQ to go to this evening so a nice few beers and chill :thumbs:

I fitted the Whifbitz Handling Kit a could of months back and agree that getting the old suspension arms of is a total ball ache. Easily the worst job I've tackled on a car ever. Lower arm bolts were all seized, fronts eventually came off with a little heat but had to cut off all the rears. Satisfying once done though.

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

I'm currently doing exactly the same job on my project car so I fully understand where you're coming from with those camber bolts. Only one bolt out of the lot of those camber ones came out without having to be cut. It's going to cost a bomb in new bolts :(

Looks great and I'm glad to hear it's a massive improvement.

She's a beauty mate! Glad to hear the suspension gave the result you hoped, i don't suppose you have the list of part numbers you could send me do you?

Adam I'll send you over a PM when I get some time this evening mate :thumbs:

Yesterday afternoon I had some time to take the car out in the dry, my traction is so much better now in first gear and coming out of corners the back end sticks to the road. So happy :D

Hats off to you for getting all that done mate, I'm considering it in the future as it seems to have great results :)

Interested in where you got all your bits as well, I've heard it's a bit eye watering once it all adds up!