The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Santa Pod and full BPU (quick question)

Yarco

You could be ok,but it might worth taking one tho mate

lol that's what the peeps said at Santa Pod. Better get my self a crash helmet then. I might wear a white jump suit and go as the stig (minus the driving ability).

Any other comments guys?

Ye I hear you guys so I jumped on gumtree and found a really nice AGV helmet locally. Knocked him down to £40 as he liked my car when I turned up. Pretty sweet lid for £40. image.jpg

Lol proper nervous about my first drag. I never really launch my car off the line as I don't want to kill the clutch. However I'm going out tomorrow evening for a few practise starts ;) Any tips guys?? Is there a set rpm I should drop the clutch for optimum starts?

If yours runs as well as it looks in the dyno section and you are getting a good launch, then you will need one. Take a look here for some BPU times:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?322121-Good-day-at-Santa-Pod-with-a-new-PB&highlight=shane

Cheers Shane, some good times there for bpu cars. I need to practise my starts but the car is feeling good since the build. It completely blew away some special Audi Q7 v12 tonight, which was satisfying. :sly:

Edited by Yarco (see edit history)

Mate is this for tomorrow, I can put mine in the car, your welcome to borrow it. Its only an old motorbike one but does the job. Was going to bring it just in case but there no way my na will hit the speeds where I must ware it.

All sorted mate but thanks for the offer. I'm down Sunday only, I believe you are in the show and shine that day but I'll be knocking about in the rwyb paddock. Come give me a look mate. :)

Well that's my first ever drag out of the way. I only got two runs in as there was hold ups all day. 1st run I missed 2nd gear and still got a 14.6. 2nd run I spun 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and got a 13.6. I certainly need more practise, it's definitely easier on my Xbox! Top speed was 105mph, didn't need a helmet in the end but I wore it anyway to get used to the sensation. I'll have more power in a few months so I'll defiantly need the helmet in the future, especially if I can put in a faultless run lol. If anyone one saw me miss second don't laugh :D

Got a video of your last run mate. Car looked great.

If you saw me mate you should of shouted out. There was loads of Supras about but the only guy I spoke to wasn't part of this forum. Thanks, from a distance my car looks ok but my new side skirts are only test fitted and my front bumper needs replacing with the Doluck one I have standing by. Just had the engine rebuilt, cosmetics have to wait! Can you remember if that black Evo 4 beat me? He was asking about the power I was running and wishing me luck before we set off! He probably beat me but it must of been close? :)

P.s Please post video if you can, we all need a laugh! :)

If you saw me mate you should of shouted out. There was loads of Supras about but the only guy I spoke to wasn't part of this forum. Thanks, from a distance my car looks ok but my new side skirts are only test fitted and my front bumper needs replacing with the Doluck one I have standing by. Just had the engine rebuilt, cosmetics have to wait! Can you remember if that black Evo 4 beat me? He was asking about the power I was running and wishing me luck before we set off! He probably beat me but it must of been close? :)

P.s Please post video if you can, we all need a laugh! :)

I would have mate but hadnt seen you until then, and we headed off soon after. As we had been there two days we didnt worry about staying till the very end.

Was it the chap with the TT6 running a small single? we chatted to him too. Said he was on here but never posts.

Yeah thats the run you vs the evo. Im sorting out the pictures and videos today so will pop it up once done.

J

I would have mate but hadnt seen you until then, and we headed off soon after. As we had been there two days we didnt worry about staying till the very end.

Was it the chap with the TT6 running a small single? we chatted to him too. Said he was on here but never posts.

Yeah thats the run you vs the evo. Im sorting out the pictures and videos today so will pop it up once done.

J

Ye are you talking about the purple Supra with the blitz alloys? He's the only one in the rwyb queue I knew was running a single. Ye please post anything you have. My friend with a pro camera accidently took still images instead of video and my other friend got video but he isn't particularly tech savvy. No worries mate, next time we'll have to catch up, same with boostman :D

Ye are you talking about the purple Supra with the blitz alloys? He's the only one in the rwyb queue I knew was running a single. Ye please post anything you have. My friend with a pro camera accidently took still images instead of video and my other friend got video but he isn't particularly tech savvy. No worries mate, next time we'll have to catch up, same with boostman :D

No was a silver one, maybe he was only running the saturday, although could have sworn he said he was running sunday too.

Lol yeah will do, got a couple of pictures too but they were poor as i only had my little lense on.

No was a silver one, maybe he was only running the saturday, although could have sworn he said he was running sunday too.

Lol yeah will do, got a couple of pictures too but they were poor as i only had my little lense on.

Looking forward to the vids and pics :D