The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It only gets better

rider

Had my Supra out and about seeing its been sunny and the roads are dry which being a cossetted member of a 6 car household happens to be the right setting for an outing. I have to say since buying in in 1998 it doesn't feel any different to what I remember it was like 17 years ago. Still whistles, growls and dump valve snorts in all the right places. Had it all polished up with expensive wax before taking it out and got tooted at the first set of lights I hit. Lovely young lady wound down her window which was encouraging but unusual as the Supra is definitely a boys, of all ages, car. She had her boyfriend beside her and it was him who wanted to say I was driving his dream car. After a conversation that lasted the 5 lights situation coming back to green off to fill up with Petrol. At the forecourt a guy came bouncing over, a fellow Supra driver. Just bought himself one and asking what my experience was like. I said simple, I've had it 17 years so it must be a good car and its still number one in my garage even though it only comes out for 1,000 miles a year now.

Its unusual to have two people grabbing you in one short trip out, though the original brilliant white does still dazzle in the sunlight. I was left thinking me and the car, we've both grown old together why don't I still dazzle in the sunlight. I'm just an old bod now with a nice car having fun.

The only attention I've attracted so far in my Supra is young lads in hatchbacks who rev their engines at me. Would be nice to have an actual chat with someone but alas. I've definitely been enjoying driving it around in the sun though, had it for less than a week and I'm loving it.