The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why did I ever sell... Has anyone seen this car?

Grogey

About three years ago I sold my Supra, 3.0 Na manual, Silver..

I was a beautiful car, ran like a dream, sounded like a race car and was in great condition but being a younger and stupid I sold it.. I didn't realise what I had and now they are like gold dust. I would love to find my old car again.

I have been on a mad hunt to try and find out what happened to my old Supra but have totally struck out so far so this is my last attempt. Can anyone help?

All I have is info given to me from the guy I sold it to about the guy he sold it to... if you follow me! This is it, "he runs/ran a pawn shop/gold shop in Kendal on a road called Strammongate".

The car reg is M748 TDB, its silver, manual, had a retro fitted auto front lid spoiler, carbon rear wing, white 17" alloys, the standard body bit and rear splats, customer exhaust manifold and down pipe with a full straight through exhaust system (HKS). Cobra Monico S bucket seats.. Cant think of anything else..

If anyone can help that would be amazing. I realise this is a long shot.

Message me on here on my email is [email protected]

Thanks guys.

supra.jpg

Cheers for this.. Would this tell you if it had been scrapped cause it would seem the guy that brought it off the guy I sold it too never did anything with it.. I wonder if its just sat in a garage somewhere....

Cheers for this.. Would this tell you if it had been scrapped cause it would seem the guy that brought it off the guy I sold it too never did anything with it.. I wonder if its just sat in a garage somewhere....

You could ring the dvla and ask if its been scrapped, it could be on a private plate possibly because that only goes of the reg given, theres an option to give the doc ref on the site that might give a different result IF its been reg transfered to a Private plate

Its worth a shot contacting the guy you sold it too though, if he doesnt have it he may have details of who he sold it too

You could ring the dvla and ask if its been scrapped, it could be on a private plate possibly because that only goes of the reg given, theres an option to give the doc ref on the site that might give a different result IF its been reg transfered to a Private plate

Its worth a shot contacting the guy you sold it too though, if he doesnt have it he may have details of who he sold it too

The only contact details I have are for the guy I sold it too. He has since sold it but lost the details of who too. I only have that vague address in my first post..

Contacting the DVLA isn't a bad shout, at least I would know if the car still exists.

I'm interested in whether DVLA tell you or not. Hopefully they will, but they might play the "Data Protection Act" card.

Hopefully they will provide a simple yes or no answer, surely if your not asking for an address they can say if its not scrapped or exported or just simply sorn'd, but this is the dvla afterall the most unhelpful bunch of idiots ive ever tryed dealing with

DVLA will only give you information if you have what they regard as a good reason. And even then you'll have to jump through so many hoops it's unreal.

I repossessed a car from a customer who refused to pay their bill. I needed to confirm the owners details, so filled out a form, sent a cheque etc and they wrote back asking for the company name, company address, location of vehicle, copy of the invoice, all sorts of Data protection info... From start to finish, it took 3 months to get the details.

Buy a turbo Supra instead :)

Ex cars are like ex girlfriends. It's easy to look back and think of the good things, it's only when you get back together do you realise why you got rid of the nagging bastard. :D

Never a truer word spoken.. I always liked that is was NA.. Didn't like having to explain that to ever person that asked me at a set of lights though "is that the turbo mate?"...

How easy is it to get hold of a manual turbo these days?

Never a truer word spoken.. I always liked that is was NA.. Didn't like having to explain that to ever person that asked me at a set of lights though "is that the turbo mate?"...

How easy is it to get hold of a manual turbo these days?

easy if you rock up with enough cash