The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bizzys Supra rebuild and restoration

Bizzyfingers

Bought on the 21/6/15 my MK4 was in a little bit of a sorry state, the paint work is flat, the bird etchings had ate through the clear (beyond cut and polish), roof has a dent, rear quarters are rusting, drivers door is rusting, the leather steering wheel is looking worse for wear and the wheels could have done with a refurb. So, here we go.

First off, here are some pics

As it turned up with my son posing next to "dads fast car" if only he knew it was an NA auto!! =)

Here is an example of how bad the paint is/was!

After a little test rough cut with an orbital this is somewhat how it will look.

Here is the steering wheel and its damaged lacquer and colour etc

Here is after a small restoration of the leather (much better).

I bought some Jaero alloy wheels and later fitted some Bridgestones.

So I began the laborious task of cutting back the paint with the orbital (I used to own a flex rotary but back problems stopped my detailing). Here is a little view of what it looked like before and after (with the front wheels test fitted too)

A little night time shot.

In the day up Druridge Bay and this is how it stands today... until round two which should bring a strip down of the suspension components and refurb the brake system.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have been done with a rotary for the time scale I had but I had a guy let me down with the use of one. As mentioned I used to own a flex and wished I still did, this job would have been even better and took half the time! I may invest in another soon as it really needs finished off.

A little free time so here comes the breakdown on the front callipers to see where the binding issues and squealing are coming from...

First off lets have a look at this suspension... oh dear, good thing some HSD's will be getting ordered soon.

So this is why we have problems, 3 seized sliders, 2 non existent boots, 3 non existent bush's and two destroyed pins...

Here is why it was squealing... plenty of meat left???

Chris wilson on here sells refurb kits for the brakes aswell as upgraded pads etc, or try your local toyota

Its probobly makes more sense to upgrade to 4pot brakes then refurbish the 2pots tbh bud they will always have binding issues as soon as they get hot they are useless. If you plan on keeping the car for any decent length of time this is the route id go personally

Thanks for the info, I've bought the items needed from AFC. I will be upgrading to some big brakes when the turbo time comes, for now I'm just going to use the car as is. My plan is to use the car until the tax runs out in December, in the mean time I've ordered my coilovers, bought necessary replacement brake parts, I'm going to buy my turbo bits and gearbox adaption parts (going to use the 530d box). When December comes the car will get laid up until it's turbo and manual. This will be when the brake options will get looked at. Atm it just needs to stop the raw power of its auto 220BHP... It's an animal haha

It was a mixture of prep, alcohol, colourant, sealant and other such like goodies but I have had training in doing leather repairs. I would not advise anyone to try and recolour any leather as it can go horribly wrong.

My steering wheel is the same, Looks great after you've worked on it. Will have to fins someone around here that can do it :thumbs:

Send it to me Chris, I'll do if for a minimal charge, I'm trying some new products as the previous stuff I used didn't react well with the hand oils etc. If yours is ruined there is no harm in me doing it anyway. Will be the fraction of the price of a retrimmed one.

Send it to me Chris, I'll do if for a minimal charge, I'm trying some new products as the previous stuff I used didn't react well with the hand oils etc. If yours is ruined there is no harm in me doing it anyway. Will be the fraction of the price of a retrimmed one.

Sure mate will drop you a DM if thats something you'd be happy to do pal :thumbs:

I might also be interested as mines showing it's age now

No bother Paul, anyone else wanting it done just send me a message, I'll forward an address, if you send £25 (£5 being for return postage and £20 for a few pints:). I'll do as many as needed as long as it is just general wear and no tears or chunks missing as this makes it much more work.

No bother Paul, anyone else wanting it done just send me a message, I'll forward an address, if you send £25 (£5 being for return postage and £20 for a few pints:). I'll do as many as needed as long as it is just general wear and no tears or chunks missing as this makes it much more work.

Great drop you a PM and a picture :thumbs: