The mkiv Supra Owners Club

company demo/ track car

dr_jekyll

hello gents.

how have we all been.

so been in deep thought about a new company car, for demoing and taking to track events.

there was a short list of some of my favorites ive owned.

jaguar xkr

996 carerra

celica gt4

mr2 turbo

cl55

e46 m3

but every time time i closed my eyes and pictured the car and its possible livery's it was allays on 1 car. my first love.

so in the small gaps were i will have time ill be doing another mkiv for the business. :)

im very exited ,perhaps more than any other ive owned as we now have much better facilities , tooling, staff, and overall knowledge to make probably the most sorted track car weve ever built.

with this in mind. it means in no way the highest powered , most expensive car we could build. sticking to my original principals of as much fun and driveability for as little money as possible.

the target.

400 bhp

as light as possible without the aid of expensive composite materials.

5 speed manual. possible a non toyota box

i want it to be like a housefly in the corners keeping the while suspension setup under 1k.

2 seats

but most of all as it going to spend most of its time on show at HQ its got to look uber cool :)

ill be looking to buy a rolling shell soon to get started

im not sure yet, we are talking with a company that can make custom body part sand aero parts. so depending on how that goes will decide how the car looks

See if you can get a rocket bunney-esque wide body, would look awesome and a nice eye catcher for advertising your company.

Look forward to following the new build.

Rob Mitchell has bought the Nur car. :)

Personally I would keep the car stock body with a custom front lip and a subtle diffuser setup at the back. Maybe a TRD wind with a custom blade/gurney flap.

Looking forward to seeing the progress, you seem to be good at making powerful cars for not a lot of £££ :)