The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1/4 mile times and Advice.

ripped_fear

Hi everyone.

So basically next weekend Im of to Japshow at Santapod, when looking at the tickets, and the price difference to do both the RWYB on Saturday and the Event on Sunday, it was next to nothing with camping. So It looks like my car will be off up the strip for the first time this time next week.

Now I have never done anything like this before, I normally just do show n shines, so this isnt really my area. Im not expecting great things for my first attempt, coupled with the fact she is an NA5 with an open diff as I still havent fitted my LSD. Just looking to have a bit of fun with a few mates.

The first few runs I do will be purely for me to just get a feel for it on the sticky tarmac, But I'm looking for some ideas of what sort of times would be clasified as a healthy time just to give me a little target for the day.

Also any pointers for a good launch, 60ft, and when would be the optimum rpm to be shifting.

And finally would it be worth me softening the coilovers right down on the rear to aid the launch?

Any input greatly appreciated :)

Yes, Stage box is 12" long, if you stage as early as possible, say in the first inch, you have 11" of moving forward before you break the the beam that starts timing you. Change gear as fast as you can, slam it through the box barely lifting your foot.

When I did my 14.3 I found leaving your right foot down and changing to 4th just on the line helped.

Thats an impressive time, I asumed around mid 15's would be what I would hope for top end.

Softer at the rear would be better yes, I guess it allows the car to dig more and therefore get more traction

Awesome cheers, will change that when I get to pod then.

Yes, Stage box is 12" long, if you stage as early as possible, say in the first inch, you have 11" of moving forward before you break the the beam that starts timing you. Change gear as fast as you can, slam it through the box barely lifting your foot.

:thumbs: Awesome thanks.