The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4" Exhausts - experiences and opinions please!

James

I'm looking at replacing the Blitz Nur Spec on my Supra as it is far too quiet for my liking. I'm not sure whether it is an R or RX (I suspect the latter), but either way it just isn't cutting it. :)

I've been looking at the Whifbitz 4" Titanium system, as it seemed to sound pretty good on the clips I heard. I'm just curious about how it compares to the other options out there?

Basically, I'm after something LOUD. The first that comes to mind is the Boost Logic. I'd read of fitment issues in the past but I'm led to believe that is no longer the case? How does the Whifbitz 4" Ti compare to the BL in terms of volume? Both on and off boost? HKS Ti (as I see SRD are getting some?)? Other options?

The next thing would be fitment and build quality? How do they all compare on that front?

All opinions/recommendations welcomed :thumbs:

my 4" downpipe rubbed on a coolant line which almost ended badly. as the spacing back there when you get up to a 4" is close. it was also so rediculously loud i couldnt drive the car without getting a headache. wouldnt go near one again.

The whifbitz 4" single is a true bolt on part no messing trying to make it fit, top quality finish, sounds epic on mine its only bpu so on a single id guess it would be an unreal noise, seems to be bedding in now so getting louder with more banging on the run down too :D

We also have a Whifbitz 4", but we have a 4" downpipe aswell. Its VERY LOUD on boost!

Its been know to scare a few people when you open it up :D

Although we may be changing to a HKS Ti soon.

If you're dad does change the exhaust I'd be interested in your old Whifbitz 4" one :)

I thought my twin box 3.5 was loud and had a annoying drone on motorways , but a 4" must a pain in the arse but will help spool as i have just put my bung back in for a noise test and lost over 500 rpm spool, so 4" is the way forward if your ears can take it

I had a 4" BL tried it but sold it much prefer the noise of my 3" rsr more raspy and no drone what so ever on supraforums the flow of the rsr was well up there they reckon due to the straight design probably why I achieved okay power numbers considering it's a 3" . All singles with 4" sound the same to me, having said that I did start making up some custom 4" back boxes a few years ago that slipped over any 4" pipe first one went on JP's black beast crazy loud , louder than the BL /HKS the second one baldy has and still running.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I recently fitted a boostlogic 4" with a whifbitz 3" midpipe, it is silly loud. Most day i love it but yesterday i just wanted something quieter lol i had to close the windows and turn the music up because it was doing my head in :(

Get a sports-cat welded into the rear part of the 3" whifbitz midpipe. Will quieten it down and make it road legal :)

I had a 4" BL tried it but sold it much prefer the noise of my 3" rsr more raspy and no drone what so ever on supraforums the flow of the rsr was well up there they reckon due to the straight design probably why I achieved okay power numbers considering it's a 3" . All singles with 4" sound the same to me, having said that I did start making up some custom 4" back boxes a few years ago that slipped over any 4" pipe first one went on JP's black beast crazy loud , louder than the BL /HKS the second one baldy has and still running.

I have that custom back box now you made, indeed it's very loud and mean. I had it on for a couple of months but then went back to the TI one.

I have had the HKS Ti and the Whifbitz 4" and both sound good, the Whifbitz is a good price as well for the quality

I have a Trust Ti on the Top Secret Supra which sounds fantastic on boost and has a good burble around town, the drone is not too bad either, what is interesting is Garage Top Secret fitted a switch on the dash that closes a valve which reduces the noise significantly, very handy for the early morning/late home stuff

Suprageek is doing exactly what you're thinking about James, changing from his nur spec to a whifbitz this week as far as I know bud, might be worth pm'ing him or directing him to this thread to get his thoughts :)

I have had the HKS Ti and the Whifbitz 4" and both sound good, the Whifbitz is a good price as well for the quality

I have a Trust Ti on the Top Secret Supra which sounds fantastic on boost and has a good burble around town, the drone is not too bad either, what is interesting is Garage Top Secret fitted a switch on the dash that closes a valve which reduces the noise significantly, very handy for the early morning/late home stuff

I've been considering one of those, but couldn't find a decent UK supplier. All the Ebay ones are from Chinese sellers.