The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial Rear - Exhausts?

Kendo11

Afternoon all.

Can members with trial rear bumpers recommend me an exhaust please?

My current japspeed one sits at an iffy angle, I've been pricing up getting it modified to fit but might also go down the route of getting a new one instead, rather than butchering a perfectly fine exhaust.

I want one that doesn't sit at such an angle so that it will destroy the bumper.

So what are you guys running?

uploadfromtaptalk1434984565823.jpg

If you want a cheap fix that works do what I did to my Mongoose system. Get a length of 5 inch diameter stainless steel tube off ebay. Get one end cut with the correct exit angle, get the other end cut to length and the angle you want, I have mine angled and then get old tip cut off and new one welded on. Helps if you have a good mate that can weld like I did.

Saved me getting a new exhaust as not only did it look better but also sounded a lot better as old small exit had twin perforated tubes inside it that killed the sound.

You mean just the tip?

I could do mate but it's in pretty good condition so it's worth a little bit of money. That's definitely an option but I'd much rather just get one that fits.

Yes just the tip, plus you can cut the angle on the tube where it will be welded on the back box to exit exactly where you want and is a dam sight cheaper than a new exhaust.

Tube here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125mm-127mm-5-inch-x-500mm-stainless-steel-1-2-metre-tube-pipe-exhaust-repair-/121302027011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c3e2a0b03 and I paid £10 to have then ends cut to the length/angle I wanted by a local company and my mate and I cut off the old one and welded on the new one.