The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra - finding it a bore

Guest calibrat

Guest calibrat

i havent owned the car a week yet, and ive done 500 miles

finding the car very boring dunno weather its cause its slow or what thinking of selling it alrdy :/

anyone else had this after owning a gtr ?

Is the engine stock? If you can afford to own and maintain a 1000hp GTR I'm sure you can spare some cash for a single turbo ;)

Although I know where you're coming from. I had my tt6 for around 2 or 3 months before I wanted some more power, but I didn't find the car boring as you say you do.

Guest calibrat

Its not broke, it goes and pulls hard at 4k

I still have the gtr...

Will decide over the weekend what to do with it dont think its me

I would hardly call them a bore. The most legendary engine to come out of Japan, one of the best looking Japanese cars that still looks fresh, peerless tunability, great stable RWD chassis etc etc

But like all cars, they aren't for everyone.

Guest calibrat
Best thing is to just sell it - someone will buy it and appreciate it for what it is, and not use it as a means of boasting about having a gtr as well.

if thats what you call it...

I'm guessing it's on stock twins? I find them very boring till you single them, Nice modern setup for 600bhp and you will have a cracking daily car.

Hi jamie yep still on stock twins.. I think alot of the issue is the delay in power with the sequential turbos feels a big delay and short rev range

If your not getting anything till 4k sounds like someone has put it in ture twin mode, which means there both working as one turbo and you get a slow car till 4k and then it takes off, and not as the sequential twins, which one comes on from 2k then the other at around 3.5k

It's only a few pipes to swap back, or they could of fitted a sw in the car,

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

If your not getting anything till 4k sounds like someone has put it in ture twin mode, which means there both working as one turbo and you get a slow car till 4k and then it takes off, and not as the sequential twins, which one comes on from 2k then the other at around 3.5k

Sounds like it.

This.