The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Today's Dyno results for BPU TT

gordy.r

So today I thought I'd get a little dyno done to see what the car is pushing out.

uploadfromtaptalk1434554191884.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=202350&stc=1&d=1434554200

Now I was a little shocked to see only 384.5bhp, as I was expecting over the 400 mark, although the dyno operator did say it was a hot day and he believed that on the road it was a 400+bhp car all day long.

Things that did hamper the dyno were the auto box, even in manual mode, with overdrive off selected, from a run at 1500rpm the box was still dropping to 2nd gear from having 3rd (D) selected.

Also, it was noticed my fuelling was running lean registering at 15.

So.... Any suggestions? Bin the 440cc jspec injectors in favour of 550 or bigger?

Independent fuelling?

AEM ecu?

Any help much appreciated.

Spec :

Jspec TT

Turbosmart B/C @ 1.2bar

FMIC

Bosch 044

Cold grade spark plugs

HKS FCD @ pos 9

Alloy Rad

HKS induction

Brand new Toyota fuel filter

(All items new and fitted in last 2 months)

Edited by gordy.r
I'm old and forgetful... (see edit history)

Guest Budz86

HKS induction will be fine mate, ran mine for years. Took it off while car was being mapped and got a 0.3hp increase so makes no odds.

Fueling will be maxed but also there is a lean spot on the turbo changeover. A piggy back would sort that though so worth looking at along with larger injectors. I went 650 drop in's over the 550 uk's but 550s are fine (you need the ignitor pack too iirc).

Which FCD ? HKS ?

Yeah HKS FCD, brand new as well, only 2 months old, set at position 9.

HKS induction will be fine mate, ran mine for years. Took it off while car was being mapped and got a 0.3hp increase so makes no odds.

Fueling will be maxed but also there is a lean spot on the turbo changeover. A piggy back would sort that though so worth looking at along with larger injectors. I went 650 drop in's over the 550 uk's but 550s are fine (you need the ignitor pack too iirc).

Cheers, I think I'll have to have a look at some bigger injectors and a piggy back to sort this out, don't want to risk any harm to the engine whilst running lean.

Looks like I'll need to be getting it looked at then. Don't want to cause any potential harm to the engine or internals.

Would bigger injectors be a good way to go or should I stick with the 440's and have them looked at?

Depends what your end goal is, I've been bpu on 440's for over 10 years no probs

End goal is eventually to run a small single aiming for approx 600bhp.

Won't be for a long time so want to build up the rest of the car with the intention to change once all supporting mods are in place.

In that case I'd say, get it running right as it is first, you might fork out for injectors and a piggy back, but not actually fix the issue you have. You might just mask it by running bigger injectors and an ecu to control them.

Get it right, then upgrade is my opinion

Edited by baldy (see edit history)

Were you running 1.2bar? My brother's Aristo pushed out neigh on exactly the same figures (384.9) but he was boosting at just over a bar.

Well.... My BC says 1.2 bar when I'm accelerating hard on the road, but on the dyno they only registered 1.1 bar.