The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and furious supra

Guest Shell

Guest Shell

Hello as the title states my partner and I are building a tribute/replica of the fast and furious supra. Yes it is not everyone's cup of tea and we know its not the right model as its not an aero top for a start and a lot of the parts will be hard to source.

It is being done as we already built this

uploadfromtaptalk1434313939149.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434313968891.jpg

It's is mainly being done as a tribute the same as the eclipse is. We have the bodykit which we have fitted just waiting on side skirts to be delivered (bit of issue with supplier).

I will update with more pictures as we go

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the project, be interesting to see how it goes. The movie Supra isn't to my tastes but I appreciate it's an iconic movie car and as you say, different strokes for different folks. Looks like it'll be a quality build if the Eclipse is anything to go off :)

Guest Shell

Thanks this is the base car

uploadfromtaptalk1434315991137.jpg

Got her cheap ish she's an auto n/a looks like hardest thing will be sourcing a TRD style bonnet, so if any one has any ideas I'm all ears have posted a wanted thread too :)

Good luck with the project. There's been a few replicas in the past but none of have been aerotops! And the hardest thing to find will be the racing harts, like hens teeth :) good luck with it all though. Love the original

Car

I hate it when people do the Fast and Furious Supra replica and it's not even an aero, it's like they've cut corners already and failed massively at making a replica.

I hate it when people do the Fast and Furious Supra replica and it's not even an aero, it's like they've cut corners already and failed massively at making a replica.

Exactly, if its not a real aero its not even a replica in my book. This will be the third f&f hardtop replica on the forum we know of..:(

Guest Shell

Obviously we couldn't get an aero top at the time or we would have and our eclipse started out with a sun roof but had it removed and roof scoop fitted as I said I expected some people to be against it. It is going to be a tribute as much as a replica.

Was great seeing the eclipse in the flesh at bournemouth its really well done and a great car so looking forward to the updates on this one to go with it, especially as I know that you do alot of work for Paul Walkers charity so is a great project for you and hope it goes well :)

We've seen a couple of Fast and Furious replicas made on here and they have all failed in my opinion because they are hardtops. Could you not sell the hardtop and wait for an aerotop to come up? They do sometimes come up at cheap prices :)

I just think it would be nice to see someone do something different, by using an aerotop base car for a Fast and Furious replica for a change :D

The Eclipse looks fantastic, I'm really liking that a lot!! So please, please use an aero so it's as good as the eclipse.

I'm sure it'll look awesome whatever you do and I can't wait for pics of it's progress. Good luck :thumbs: