The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra prices

formatzero

numbers for sale are so low, people can ask what they like relatively speaking......whether they get it or not depends on whether buyers can sit on their hands long enough and how much the seller needs the money. Pistonheads one could be a good one if genuinely concours'ish, other one is way over the top imo.

Basic supply and demand but I don't see many original or un molested Supers. Most have been modified and I feel that this is reflected in the prices. They will rise but I don't think I would advise one as an investment.

A lack of special editions will also limit price increases. Besides the 33 genuine TRD's

H.

Quite insane to me, I was looking last winter and decent NAs were going for about 3k. The fact that it's summer definitely increases the prices but it doesn't help that they're being bought up by dealers too who can monopolize them and inflate the prices to their liking.

I managed to pick up my tt k plate auto needs a wee bit of work as in veilside kit was rough but it has greedy front mount boost controller walbro fuel pump hard pipes hks 264 cams pulleys and hi silent exhaust and decat needs wee bit paintwork as well motd one owner in UK for £3900 must been a bargain right enough

I have defiantly noticed it a couple of years ago there was about 10-15 pages of supra's on Pistonheads now there is just one page, be interesting to see what happens when the Americans can import cars I think there rule is something like over 25years, see the price they have to pay for a NA it's tt6 money

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Prices are going up and up and up.

I was considering for a long while whether to convert my na manual to a v8 or turbo but looking at recent prices (and availability) I'll be keeping it how it is with tasteful mods.

If prices are going to continue to go up it can only be a good thing for us existing owners, both tt, na and whatever else.

That white one is genuine SZ-R with 6 speed box, and it is a very rare model already. If i didn't already have my SZ-R poopra, i would buy that one with that price. So i think it is worth it. Of course seller could be idiot/fraud because those details are totally wrong, but the car itself is a very appealing.

That white one is genuine SZ-R with 6 speed box, and it is a very rare model already. If i didn't already have my SZ-R poopra, i would buy that one with that price. So i think it is worth it. Of course seller could be idiot/fraud because those details are totally wrong, but the car itself is a very appealing.

Advert says it's a 5 speed?

Certainly looks like prices are on the up but even those are a bit steep for me. I got my facelift SZ-R 4 years ago for a lot less than those prices and it was immaculate.

As owners, I guess we can't really complain if they're on the up :)

Advert says it's a 5 speed?

Certainly looks like prices are on the up but even those are a bit steep for me. I got my facelift SZ-R 4 years ago for a lot less than those prices and it was immaculate.

As owners, I guess we can't really complain if they're on the up :)

:lame: LOL! My bad mate! I don't know what i was thinking :D I did mix up two Supras together.

:hide:

The only thing I would say is if these high priced ones are genuinely dent free and have great paint, then if you want a mint looking one they'd make more sense than a cheaper one and having a respray.

Glad to see someone thinks the same as I do. I paid top NA money back in the day for mine and got criticised, as some people had got one for 2-3k cheaper. You get what you pay for IMO.

If I was to sell mine I would ask top money, the right buyer would come along I'm sure.

Personally I think the white one listed looks very nice and if I was in the market for another NA5 I would go look at it over some of the dogs you see for sale these days, even if I was paying double.

Glad to see someone thinks the same as I do. I paid top NA money back in the day for mine and got criticised, as some people had got one for 2-3k cheaper. You get what you pay for IMO.

If I was to sell mine I would ask top money, the right buyer would come along I'm sure.

Personally I think the white one listed looks very nice and if I was in the market for another NA5 I would go look at it over some of the dogs you see for sale these days, even if I was paying double.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Might be selling mine shortly and will be asking top dollar if the time comes. Not entirely stock but all mods are tasteful in my opinion :)

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Might be selling mine shortly and will be asking top dollar if the time comes. Not entirely stock but all mods are tasteful in my opinion :)

Your mods are tasteful. I' have been stalking your thread :p

But loving what you done with the boot interior panels.

Guest Nicholas

I paid £14,500 for my 6 speed '99 quicksilver bone stock 8 years ago, I'd say the prices are right depending on inspection.

Winter is the best time to buy these cars, summertime always drives the price up.

I think the prices in general have risen around 10-15% recently, hopefully a sign of price to come.

Might also be a good time to buy a nice clean Rx7

So true! :thumbs: