The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake judder problem

Lee_e

I'm after some expert advise from you boys.. I have just bought the supra and have noticed quite a severe brake judder at any speed.

I thought straight away. Warped disc etc.. so I've had the front and rear brake discs and pads changed and it still does it ! I've had the new front brake discs skimmed and it's still vibrating like an ass.

When the skimming was done we checked the front calipers for sticking and they are fine... I am guzumped as to what it could be... also I have had an audi garage (Mrs works there) .. check my bushes for play etc and nothing is wrong with them.

The wheels vibrate between 70 and above mph so I will get balancing done.

Any help would be great guys :)

Had the discs skimmed on the car but as I reported the issue before skimming they took the discs off and inspected them, cleaned hub surface then skimmed them. The wheels are aftermarket but are hubcentric and fit snug with no play.

Wouldn't a wheel bearing make a noise/ vibrate all the time ? It only vibrates during breaking and anything over 75mph. Surely this wouldn't be wheel bearings ?

Tyre tread is fine too. Not wearing Un even or low on tread.

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

Not sure on the brake fluid part but with the vibration being speed dependant and the amount of serious judder on the steering wheel I'd say it's not the fluid.

Also.. it seems to feel at low speeds pulling up to a junction for example .. the brake pedal pulses up and down a few mm... that to me says warped disc or incorrect disc fitment does it not ?

Steering wheel shakes. Shakes worse at higher speeds when braking. I've had the fronts removed ... pistons and sliders checked and re greased. Hub cleaned and fitted back then skimmed on the car. Could the front discs still be warped if they have been skimmed ?

I watched them skimming and one side was slightly warped as it missed the cutter in one spot. We moved the cutter in a notch on the spot it was missing until it cleared ... could it still be warped ? They are literally 2 week old discs.

• 1 month later...