The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Godzilla

mr bean

Finally managed to sort all my pictures out . So now its time to give the car a name and begin my build thread. Bought the car in jan 2014 with the intention of doing a fast and furious replica. But as it turned out couldnt get the correct wheels or spoiler so I decided to go a different route paul walker tribute with a little twist. Posting the 2 pictures of the day I got home. As its on an irish plate im waiting for the right irish to come available. May take forever but it al b relavent to the name. Will get the first stage up tomorrow

2015-06-13 17.34.04.jpg

2015-06-13 17.33.11.jpg

Guest Nicholas

I'd consider another name :taped:

"Godzilla" is a nickname regularly applied to not just the R32, R33 and R34, but also the R35 GT-R."

First off was a major service belts, gaskets ,plugs, leads. Once all this was done I turned my attention to the outside.

Deciding on a colour was doing my head in for a while but finally decided on mercedes Brilliant white. A week off work was booked to strip and prep . I opted to remove the ariel and rear windscreen wiper and weld up.. Next was to sort out drivers door as there was a bad repair. All preped and ready to go in booth. More to come tomorrow

2015-06-13 17.58.21.jpg

2015-06-13 17.59.06.jpg

2015-06-13 17.59.38.jpg

2015-06-14 08.17.23.jpg

2015-06-13 18.02.00.jpg

Edited by mr bean (see edit history)

As said, Godzilla is the nickname for Skylines (Though meant to be just the R32), you could name it after Godzilla's greatest rival...King Ghidorah (キングギドラ Kingu Gidora), would make more sense as the whole Supra Vs Skyline rivalry.

Was thinking about changing it but u know what this is my car so its the name for my car not the supra as a collective, I know the skyline was nick named it but that was the car in general, ive always liked this as a car name. Out of the 25 cars ive owned ive never named one untill now . this isnt a dig at anybody who as posted as am not that kind of person everybody is entitled to an opinium. Thanks for reading. :-)

Was thinking about changing it but u know what this is my car so its the name for my car not the supra as a collective, I know the skyline was nick named it but that was the car in general, ive always liked this as a car name. Out of the 25 cars ive owned ive never named one untill now . this isnt a dig at anybody who as posted as am not that kind of person everybody is entitled to an opinium. Thanks for reading. :-)

That's correct mate I think people try to help in there own way but like you say it's your car name it what you want mate :-)

So as am not up to much today may as well put some more pictures up. So I waited 3 months for the car to get painted as my mate was doing it as a favour and this was the teaser picture he sent while it was in the booth. So the next day I was down at the unit putting it back together.

2015-06-13 17.54.59.png

2015-06-14 08.56.08.jpg

2015-06-14 08.59.30.jpg

2015-06-13 17.56.37.jpg