The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ Oil Squirter Block Off Kit

Noz

https://www.acceleratedperformance.com/product/2jz-Oil-Squirter-block-off-Kit

I don't understand this. I'm pretty sure, Toyota knew what they were doing. However, this company seems to think you'll get IMPROVED bearing life.

I've seen people offering to install oil squirters into GE blocks, why would you remove this from a GTE block?

Granted, it's been proven it's not a required component for huge power, but is this just hype?

The topic of installing into NA engines has gone on for a while, but not sure if removing from GTE block was ever discussed.

Obviously the less oil is being lost past bearing clearances and through squirters and via oil pump wear on the rotors and housing, the higher the potential pressure. BUT given the flow of the stock pump is more than adequate to run the squirters AND allow as high an oil pressure as needed and more, (and *more* pressure is not usually any benefit), why lose the piston crown oil cooling? Seems someone thought "Let's CNC some cheap parts, sell them for a huge profit", *THEN* trying to think up a raison d'etre for them.