The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need insurance advice for jap TT

Guest alexmslv

Guest alexmslv

Hi

Does anyone know what who would be the cheapest insuarer for TT jap import 1995 with veilside bodykit and alloys. Main driver is 29 yo, additional - 23 y.o.

From my research DirectLine, Churchills and Pearl don't want to insure anyone under 30, don't even talk to them if your are under 25...

Elephant does but a bit too expensive because they dont want to accept international driving licence experience (more than 5 years) and accepts only UK driving licence experience (aprox. 1 year).

Can anyone help pleeeease! Don't want to pay 3K+ for TPFT

Guest alexmslv
I've gone for Admiral insurance mate. I've got a 94 N/A Jap spec auto, I'm 27 & my insurance is around £750. Don't know what the veilside kit & alloys will do to the insurance.

Try Admiral or maybe Adrian Flux.

Thx

I have a feeling that Admiral & Elephant are the same co, they have identical web sites :) I will call them, maybe they would accept my previous experience on international driving licence.

Kit & alloys don't add a lot, but some insurers wouldn't insure car with mods for under 25. I had this problem b4 wz another modified car.

Made an enquiry with AFlux, will see what would be their quote.

im 25 and i pay 1.5k a year protected 5 yrs no claims with 'quote me happy' norwich union, all mods declared

tescos wanted 2.2 grand :( and around 32 companies wouldnt insure me

norwich union wouldnt put my girlfriend on as a name drived as she was under 25 and they wont insure her