The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Exhaust?

supra_24

Hi guys,

Im considering getting a slightly different exhaust fot my 93 TT BPU supra.

My setup currently is Jspec TT engine, 440 injectors, 264 cams, twin hybrid turbos, full 3 inch decat, japspeed exhaust system 4 inch muffler and 3 inch pipe, Greddy Profec Boost Controller, Chris Wilson FCD.

I basically want a new exhaust that sounds mean. Something a bit louder I guess with more burble.

I am currently looking at the HKS Silent Hi Power. Seen a video on youtube and it sounds awesome. Does it actually sound like this?

The other exhaust is the Whifbitz 4 inch S/S single box, also sounds quite good.

Just wanted to get your opinions really?

The HKS silent has a cool burble and tone i think, but wanted to double check that it actually sounds like that ;)

Regards

Ash

That WB don't look like 4" to me.

I would go for a HKS Ti one.

Its defo 4 inch mate ;)

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/garage-whifbitz-672.html

I thought they stopped making HKS ti exhausts?

Not really keen on getting another ti exhaust after having issues with a Tomei titanium exhaust on my Nissan Silvia S15.

It developed cracks on the welds after 4 months. Got a replacment and then that got cracks on the welds after 2 months :(

You are right on the welding points on Ti exhausts Ash. My WB Ti was repaired already once.

The HKS Ti is my favourite though. If I'm right, the main pipe isn't Ti, but only the back box. This makes it easier to fix in case of issues.