The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a favour from members around Devon

mugen_power

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if there would be any members around the Devon area that could help me with an engine swap. I'm semi confident with it and mechanical minded but would feel more relaxed with a bit of knowledge and experience alongside me.

The 2 cars will be side by side so we can literally go straight out of one and into the other. I can provide tools etc and an area to do it or I can bring the cars to you if that would be easier.

I would massively appreciate it and it would help me out so much.

Thanks

As said before need more info on the swap your undertaken plus what are your working conditions ie do you have a garage? Or is this on a drive way? ive recently done an engine conversion on my supe it quite straightforward :)

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if there would be any members around the Devon area that could help me with an engine swap. I'm semi confident with it and mechanical minded but would feel more relaxed with a bit of knowledge and experience alongside me.

The 2 cars will be side by side so we can literally go straight out of one and into the other. I can provide tools etc and an area to do it or I can bring the cars to you if that would be easier.

I would massively appreciate it and it would help me out so much.

Thanks

You forgot to mention bacon and egg buttys 😀

Awesome cheers guys, was just getting some sort of idea of any interest before going into the whole thing.

So yeah it'll be a na-t engine into my car then my engine and gearbox into an aerotop shell. For anyone who knows bandicoots old aerotop, it's the engine from that. The first priority is to get my na engine and w58 into the aerotop so that I can get that sold as I'm having people bombard me with messages to buy it then we can tackle the na-t engine into mine.

Location wise I have 3 potential options, first one is sort of a fenced off yard within my brothers work with enough room to work in easily, the bonus with this is that yes there is a garage next door with 5 ramps and access to air lines and air tools, however we could only probably use the ramps for a few hours at a time as they'll be needing to use them as well, I'll attach a picture of this location. This is in Exmouth.

The second would be my works car park with is absolutely massive and dead flat (just been resurfaced) located on a farm which is about 6 miles from Honiton in a place called Payhembury.

The third would be a barn about 5 miles from Honiton in a place called Shute. This also has a garage with 1 ramp on site but this is through a friend of a friend so not too sure how much if at all we could use the ramp, but would have access to other garage tools.

untitled222.jpg

And yes I will purchase food and free coffees :D

Also forgot to add that yeah I'll either rent or buy an engine crane.

Edited by mugen_power (see edit history)

I'd go with Exmouth as there will be more chance to get on a ramp with five of them available. Saying that, plenty of people have done engine swaps with axle stands so it isn't a be all end all having access to a ramp.

I'm definitely up for helping though so long as I'm not working or otherwise engaged.

Oh really Masterfett, where you from? PM me if you don't want to say in public.

Listy that's awesome thanks, yeah I mean we could certainly use the ramps, I do all the time with my car but I'm not sure length wise as obviously their customers come first but we could certainly do all the little bits outside in the lock up then roll it in and do the main lift out and lift in on the ramps, although if it's a Sunday they're pretty dead so we could probably use it all day.

Are you nearby Listy?

I was there the other day, made the mistake of driving up to "Lifes a beach" .. nice cuppa but the supra ground out on the way back down :(

You would have been better off parking in Summerleaze car park mate. Next time you're here, try their Fully Loaded Chips. Nom nom nom

Masterfett - It varies tbh, I head to work about 6am then drive back between 1-3ish.

Rodge - Yeah that's it buddy, I believe you've met my brother a few times and also Alex says his knows you, this is what I messaged you on Facebook about the other day.

Listy - Well this seems like a good excuse :D Give the Supra a run out, come have some bacon sarnies and ice creams and fiddle with some cars.

So it seems like we can put together a crack team of us for this, we should be able to pull it off lads? If we label the looms up beforehand then the rest of it 'should' be nuts and bolts, and if we get stuck with anything we can just phone Bandicoot to see where it goes.