The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels and making them look right!

masterfett

I run 17"s at the moment, my car is stock bodied but slightly lowered, i think the front wheels look fine but the rears are lost in the arches!

i know this is a personal preference thing but just curious on peoples opinions on what are the best looking wheels (can open.. worms everywhere)

i had 18" Rota GTR's on my last supe and i thought they looked ok, but certain wheels look bigger than others despite being the same sizes.

Some 19" look great others gash etc etc

basically im just curious to what other members consider to look great!

post pictures galore.

I have 18" black Rota wheels at the front and banded 17" black Rota wheel on the rear. Not my personal preference of wheel but they were fitted to maximise traction by last owner who was far more knowledgeable then me about these things.

Generally with wheels I personally wouldn't buy anything overly expensive or chrome. They simply won't last with regular use on UK roads and require quite a bit of maintenance.

Having said that I do like the CCW wheels, but I would have them painted and I would retain another set of wheels for general use.

I would cry if I kerbed one, whereas with my current wheels I wouldn't be overly fussed.