The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who can supply and/or map a piggyback ecu asap?

Guest pharmed

Guest pharmed

As title

Who can supply and/or map a piggyback ecu asap?

Looking at the ecu master DET3 units as they are; cheap, software looks good and can do everything I need.

Any advise guys? Willing to travel tomorrow or Sunday etc

Think you will struggle to find someone in that time frame! Though I can thoroughly reccomend the Det3 as I have one fitted. The difference at BPU is instantly noticeable. I had mine fitted and mapped by Lyndon Sharp (Nodalmighty on here) when he was a trader on the forum and he did a great job. Sadly I believe he no longer does this sort of work, but why not drop him a PM, you never know.

I have hardly scratched the surface of using the Det3, at the moment I am using it simply as a fuel and ignition controller, with one of the spare channels configured as a boost controller. These can do a lot more though and I am just starting to play with and get to know the software now. I configuring it to run my IC spray and next time I am running it at pod I am hoping to get to grips with the data logging facility too.

Its such good value for money and I was lucky as I ordered the one with the lower spec map sensor in and they were out of stock and supplied me with the better sensor for the same price. In my opinion, probably the best value for money single item I have bought for my car. There's some good videos on youtube of these units in service and elsewhere in Europe these are very popular, they just don't seem to have caught on here.

First find your mapper of choice, *THEN* buy his recommended ECU. A black box is a

black box until a mapper puts the magic smoke in it. Good mappers seem permanently

busy, more often than not working abroad. This may not be the quick and simple job

you envisaged, sometimes they're booked up for many weeks, sometimes they don't

want to know odd ball stuff at all.

Or even give Jamsport in Northampton a call. They're the UK distributor for ECU master and know what they're doing with them.

I spoke with them before I went with Nod as they are very local to me. Although they are agents, when I spoke with them a year ago they had never installed or mapped a DET3, they said they would but I decided to go with someone who had experience with them. They do have a dyno and a full time tuner though and have experience of the ECU master EMU.

RGS Motorsport are also close to me and their tuner is happy to map the DET3, but I have only recently discovered this.