The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Supes's UK MKIV Will Meet The FT-1!!

Big Supes

As some of you may have already seen via the club's Facebook page, Toyota were looking for a MKIV UK Spec Supra in original condition to appear alongside the FT-1 at Goodwood this year. You could call it right place, right time, but it's happening... Supes will be getting prepped to the finest detail before he's handed over to Toyota on the 19th to be put on the stand. :)

It's 50/50 at the moment, but they are also trying to organise a photo-shoot earlier that day in an aircraft hanger. If that happens, I've been invited to hang around and spectate the cars getting prepared and snapped in all their glory. Talk about Supranerd heaven. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get to drive the ft-1?

Nice one on getting yours there. :) :thumbs:

Memorable day! I'd be asking for a test drive of the FT-1 on that airstrip for the inconvenience.;)

Ha! The amount of red tape surrounding that car, I think I'd have more chance of getting a ride in the Pope box. :D Can you believe the FT-1 has its own minder from Japan who travels with the car?!

Would be better if Toyota did the once over on your car and replaced any perished parts for free as a favour to you for the loan for their media campaign.

Surprises me they don't have one to use themselves.

Well... a pair of rear upper arms would be nice. :D

In all honesty, I don't think they could warrant the purchase of a mint UK car when owners around the country would be willing to loan theirs. They are going to lend me a GT86 for a week while my car is on the stand. That along with free tickets to Goodwood for Sabrina and myself, plus the opportunity to have my car featured in the dawn of a new era for "Supra", its more than enough for me. :)

I saw this on Facebook, it's really cool!

Congrats on representing the UK specs and the club :thumbs:

Can you imagine the pic of the cars in the hanger side by side with a club banner flying? ;)

Thanks Marcus. The shoot sounds a little doubtful, but just the thought of it would be a dream come true. :thumbs:

Well... a pair of rear upper arms would be nice. :D

In all honesty, I don't think they could warrant the purchase of a mint UK car when owners around the country would be willing to loan theirs. They are going to lend me a GT86 for a week while my car is on the stand. That along with free tickets to Goodwood for Sabrina and myself, plus the opportunity to have my car featured in the dawn of a new era for "Supra", its more than enough for me. :)

Fair enough. I wouldn't sniff at it either.

Try and ask some questions about the new car if you can :)

To me it's 100% confirmed now that this (or a version of it) will be the new Supra and we will see it being called that after asking for a MKiv to sit next to it, that and renewing the Supra trademark for the 2nd time recently.

You could be in the position to tease out one or two world exclusives! Juicy ;)

Try and ask some questions about the new car if you can :)

To me it's 100% confirmed now that this (or a version of it) will be the new Supra and we will see it being called that after asking for a MKiv to sit next to it, that and renewing the Supra trademark for the 2nd time recently.

You could be in the position to tease out one or two world exclusives! Juicy ;)

Absolutely mate. They need to let the cat out of the bag already. :D

Good job, your car looks like a great example to have on the stand :salute:

Thanks Bobbeh. That's great coming from a veteran UK owner like yourself. I remember admiring your car around 10 years ago when I had my first SZ-R, thinking how I'd love to get my hands on a UK car. :)