The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt finish dash polish recommendations

Barney

mine was starting to look a bit tatty and being a bit of a purist i wanted to keep the standard look, re-sprayed it with halfords matt black (dont be tempted to buy any cheap shit=orange peel, and lightly clean it first with turps) well pleased, it looks as good as new, with regard to cleaning if you want to keep the original matt finish a bit of stardrops (just a bit) in warm water and dont rub to hard

Thanks guys.

Hornet: Using B to B at present, the best I've tried so far but not great.

Steve/Paul. As poor as the original finish is, I've seen painted ones and I'm afraid that route is not for me........looks like my testing of products continues!!

Thanks guys.

Hornet: Using B to B at present, the best I've tried so far but not great.

Steve/Paul. As poor as the original finish is, I've seen painted ones and I'm afraid that route is not for me........looks like my testing of products continues!!

yo barny

i'me right with you there mate on the multi coloured sprayed dashs IMO they belong firmly in max power and look crap, each to there own i suppose, mine had a few water marks and sticky bits from apexi turbo timer and was looking naff, it came to a head when i decided to fill some holes in the gear surround that some plank had done for some alarm lights so it had to be re-sprayed, the good thing about matt paint is you really cant go wrong and it gave an excelent finish which was identicle to the rest of the dash, i then mounted a boost controller in the main dash so re-sprayed that to, i cant emphasise how good the finish is (halfords matt black) it now looks as new and i dont touch it with any cleaning potion just vacuum it with the brush attachment now and again

yo barny

i'me right with you there mate on the multi coloured sprayed dashs IMO they belong firmly in max power and look crap, each to there own i suppose, mine had a few water marks and sticky bits from apexi turbo timer and was looking naff, it came to a head when i decided to fill some holes in the gear surround that some plank had done for some alarm lights so it had to be re-sprayed, the good thing about matt paint is you really cant go wrong and it gave an excelent finish which was identicle to the rest of the dash, i then mounted a boost controller in the main dash so re-sprayed that to, i cant emphasise how good the finish is (halfords matt black) it now looks as new and i dont touch it with any cleaning potion just vacuum it with the brush attachment now and again

For the record, I am with you on the multi colour dash thing. I did actually mean for him to use a matt finish to keep the original look. I actually sprayed mine metallic black, which I think looks really good. It looks like tyhe car was designed with it as it blends in with the rest of black interior.

Just IMO it looks classy!