The mkiv Supra Owners Club

From Storm Blue to Matt White. What do you think? (Paul Walker Tribute)

Supra2jze

Which colour should I respray my Supra/BBS Lms in?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour should I respray my Supra/BBS Lms in?

• Respray in Original Storm Blue with Silver BBS rims
    • Respray in White with the current Gold BBS & polished lips

I've been wanting to wrap/plastidip my car for a while. Ever since I bought the Supra back in Jan, the car was in need of some paintwork. Plan was to save up & get it professionally Re-sprayed in it's Original colour (Storm Blue). However, as some of you have probably known I've been after a set of BBS LM's for sometime! (So far I've bought 2 sets of LM's...wrong fitment the first time) but thanks to Craig I managed to get the correct set in mint condition so the opportunity to buy them was too hard to resist.

Which meant the professional Re-spray money had gone out the window. So now, I'm left with the dilemma after just experimenting with the colour 'white'. I've began to fall in love with it....at the same time I like the Storm Blue.

But White...coupled with the BBS LMs I think looks a lot better.

(I knew it would look good) but I think I may just professionally Re-spray it in white when I've saved up because the Storm Blue against the Gold BBS LM's is not the best contrast.

Anyway, enough of me yapping away, here's some pics of my first attempt to a palstidip on my front drive :)

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

1433447698824.jpg

1433447715211.jpg

1433447721113.jpg

sup 1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10 a.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by Supra2jze (see edit history)

You need to either upload your pictures to the forum or host them via somewhere like Photobucket - they aren't visible to any of us when linked to your C: drive :)

Personal preference for me would be to keep the Storm Blue and change the LMs to silver rather than white against gold. Unless you are doing a window out full respray, with engine bay, interior etc. then I'd sooner keep it in blue. Total preference though and it is your car at the end of the day :thumbs:

You need to either upload your pictures to the forum or host them via somewhere like Photobucket - they aren't visible to any of us when linked to your C: drive :)

Personal preference for me would be to keep the Storm Blue and change the LMs to silver rather than white against gold. Unless you are doing a window out full respray, with engine bay, interior etc. then I'd sooner keep it in blue. Total preference though and it is your car at the end of the day :thumbs:

Was considering changing the LMs to Silver, and if I was to get it re-sprayed professionally it would indeed be a window out job. Got me thinking though, anyway i suppose I have till next summer to decide just thought the White looked great :)

As above I'd keep it storm blue and paint the centres silver with a polished lip. White is far too common these days I personally much prefer storm blue.

True say, white is common these days, but just looking at the car today beaming off the Sun (Manchester finally had some sunshine) it really got me thinking :D

Buy yeah you right Storm Blue is unique. I do like it also will have to see.

I think it's just the change that has got your excited, give it time and you'll be bored of white. However if you do decide to go with white and your paying for a window out job I'd go with something like lamborghini baloon white rather than stock toyota white, like I said its far too common now ;)

I think it's just the change that has got your excited, give it time and you'll be bored of white. However if you do decide to go with white and your paying for a window out job I'd go with something like lamborghini baloon white rather than stock toyota white, like I said its far too common now ;)

I think your right! LOL most probably because the paint of the car had seen better days in its 20 years so the second it changed & got rid of the peel marks :idea:, hmm, maybe I am getting excited. The old paint didn't get me smiling enough,

what about hks purple . but white looks good too .

Purple a bit too strong for me.

I think you're a copycat :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202088[/ATTACH]

Easy Jay! Let's just say the cheeky PM got me going in the right direction :D

And to James above...I forgot to add, partly why I wouldn't want to change the LMs to Silver was because I wouldn't be able to have that two tone look

(polished lip) as 'Black' is the only other option I'd consider, but having tried the black set (My 1st BBS LM's) I had against the Storm Blue it just didn't look right, plus with the Black you can hardly see the detail even with a polished lip. I'm a bit of a fuss pot & I do have OCD.

Guest Nicholas

Whites lovely if you intend to do a FULL colour change, not just the exterior, there's nothing worse imo than a painted car with a different colour engine bay/inside/boot etc

• 9 months later...