The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drive shaft queries.

Crouch

Hello fellow supra peeps! ;)

I've been doing some shopping for my project car and suddenly i came to something i'm unsure of and who better to help but those that know. So to get to the point i was wondering what the big power boys do for drive shafts? Everyone knows the gearbox is capable of huge numbers with mostly just a reduced life span but given the price of drive shaft shop "axles" is there another option or are they like the box and fine unless your dragging the car and really stressing the shafts. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated before I allocate funds for something that may not be needed.

Many thanks Gary Crouch

Drive shaft queries.

Hello fellow supra peeps! ;)

I've been doing some shopping for my project car and suddenly i came to something i'm unsure of and who better to help but those that know. So to get to the point i was wondering what the big power boys do for drive shafts? Everyone knows the gearbox is capable of huge numbers with mostly just a reduced life span but given the price of drive shaft shop "axles" is there another option or are they like the box and fine unless your dragging the car and really stressing the shafts. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated before I allocate funds for something that may not be needed.

Many thanks Gary Crouch

Your Supra is an early T.T. which has the thickest of the O.E. drive-shafts.

Focus on curing another problem that you don't have. ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Thanks for the reply Mr David P to answer your question I do mean the drive shafts. I am needing the large case diff but thats on the shopping list for later. I have a one piece carbon prop already. The car I'm puting together is a 96 car and I have no drive shafts for it so can you still get the old "fat" shafts and use them? I believe the drive shaft shop drive shafts are $2200 plus $600 ish shipping and tax!...and thats a sore one for drive shafts!