The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LF Supra

Guest calibrat

Guest calibrat

Hi i currently own a GTR, anyone who is from gtroc will know my car by name...

after comming to the end of my 1000bhp with a nice nasty rb30 with the 3.2 stroker im now on the look out for a Supra dosent seem to be many around?

any pointers to what i should be looking for when i start to view these? im after a manual tt

Easier if i post my project thread url

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/229833-my-r33-gtr-rb32-build.html

I have a budget right now of 10k which is not gonna b enough right now but this will change over time

As you said, £10k probably won't get you a 6 speed manual TT at the moment as they are in short supply, and prices in Japan are rising.

are you wanting to tune it?

You will find *MOST* MKIV's do not rot anything like as badly as the 32, 33 and 34 GTR's, and the build quality is far better. The Getrag is a strong box, very similar to the R34GTR Getrag, and just as agricultural. The engine has a more robust bottom end than the RB25 / RB26, but lacks throttle bodies.

The oil drain issues from the heads of the RB26 are gone, instead you have potential oil pump seal leakage.

A LOT of MKIV's have been butchered and tinkered with to the point they look like comic book cars, finding a nice one is getting harder, as someone else said, by solely on condition, forget year and indicated mileage. A fresh import 93 may well be a lot nicer than a doggy 98 car that's been fiddled with unsympathetically, been clocked and seen many salty UK winters.

You'll need to modify the engine if you expect decent performance if you put all that *#~4 in the boot that you put in the R32 ;)

It's just as easy to make them as intolerably noisy as that 32 must have been, so no worries there either ;)

Guest calibrat
You will find *MOST* MKIV's do not rot anything like as badly as the 32, 33 and 34 GTR's, and the build quality is far better. The Getrag is a strong box, very similar to the R34GTR Getrag, and just as agricultural. The engine has a more robust bottom end than the RB25 / RB26, but lacks throttle bodies.

The oil drain issues from the heads of the RB26 are gone, instead you have potential oil pump seal leakage.

A LOT of MKIV's have been butchered and tinkered with to the point they look like comic book cars, finding a nice one is getting harder, as someone else said, by solely on condition, forget year and indicated mileage. A fresh import 93 may well be a lot nicer than a doggy 98 car that's been fiddled with unsympathetically, been clocked and seen many salty UK winters.

You'll need to modify the engine if you expect decent performance if you put all that *#~4 in the boot that you put in the R32 ;)

It's just as easy to make them as intolerably noisy as that 32 must have been, so no worries there either ;)

thanks very helpfull, i spent alot of money just trying to resolve the issues GTR had, and its actually a 33 not a 32.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest calibrat

pleased to say ive finally found a supra tt 6 speed

ive left a deposit and im collecting it monday as its having a cambelt, service and new MOT done.

and all for under 10k :-)

Edited by calibrat (see edit history)