The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry to be a pain guys...

Chris Bailey

I know I'm going to get told off for this but I need the correct answer!

What is the maximum size wheel you can fit on the front WITHOUT modification?

I know a few guys with CCW'S run 18×10J at the front, but the people ive asked dont know the offset because CCW only list it as "Supra Fitment"

Can anyone help?

Cheers Skinny Jeans :D

Widths and offsets will work, 71mm dish on the front sounds a lot though, if I had to guess I'd say they might not clear UK brakes.

71mm is 2.7 inches according to Google.

We dont want to run a spacer because we'd like to lower the car a touch more at the front.

I know what 71mm is mate, just saying it sounds a lot. Lip on my front CCW's is 38mm

Spacers are best avoided. I did try and tell you they wouldn't fit the last time you bought wheels.

It does sound alot to be fair, the rear is 96mm. Do you think an 18×10J ET50 would clear at the front?

What sizes and offsets have you gone with for your CCW'S mate?

18x10 +51

18x11.5 +51

:)

MarcAB10's running 18's and can only manage j specs I think. Tkddav3 just bought some works I think. Maybe see how he gets on?

18x10 +51

18x11.5 +51

:)

MarcAB10's running 18's and can only manage j specs I think. Tkddav3 just bought some works I think. Maybe see how he gets on?

Im wondering if a 10J ET50 would clear with the spoke design of the Work Meister. I'm speaking with Dave about his rims and ive also messaged Marc :)

Im having abit more luck, looking on Supra forums US and a quite a few guys run Work Meister's and clear UK/US bigger brakes.

One guy has

19×9.5J +37 265/30/19

19×11J +42 305/35/19

Offsets would be the same in an 18" rim, which is what we want.

You got to understand offsets have little to do with brake clearance. I'd wait to see how Dave gets on.

Im wondering if a 10J ET50 would clear with the spoke design of the Work Meister. I'm speaking with Dave about his rims and ive also messaged Marc :)

Marc is 18x9.5 ET24 up front and also has a 20mm spacer so is essentially ET4. You specify the disk type with Meisters. Marc's are the larger so that he could fit UKs should he wish. We'll perhaps try them on my car when he is back from Egypt. :thumbs:

Edited by James (see edit history)

Im going to be looking at this thread once i get my single installed, Ive got KAD 8 pots to fit front and rear when im finished so i could do with knowing what wheels will clear them.

I know my vertec vr5's wont fit without fitting a spacer as the caliper clashes with the inside face of the spokes. So it looks like im going to need a new set of wheels at som point down the line.