The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Retrofit Sat Nav systems

kosmic

Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong forum but need some advice.

Its become apparent that all around me....annoying aunt who drives a Z4, neighbour who drives a previa thing, local smelly minicabbers all have satnav!!

ive seen so many vehicles lately either with palm pilot systems mounted off their windscreens or the oblong shape ones with integrated screen n buttons. I used my aunts bmw based system in her z4 and it was fantastic. Now i want one (the satnav not the beemer) any reccomendations??

i had a quick look at the Garmin systems..any suggestions?? does anyone else here have satnav systems fitted??

My sat Nav was £70 and just plugs into my in car PC which cost £1200 total.

£500 just for sat nav!!! If you add that to a decent head unit and disc changer you could buy a full in car PC.

Sorry got a bit off topic there, A friend uses a PDA with Tom Tom and it works very well, all for less than £350.

Hornet

hmmm...thanks guys...i was thinking...as my mobile is on O2...if i upgraded to the XDA2 would i be able to use that with TOMTOM?? so really all i need is tomtom navigator 3 and a PDA handset??
...don't forget the GPS reciever, about £170 for a good BlueTooth one.

I've been considering doing that, swapping to an XDA2. I've been using TomTom on my iPAQ 4350 with a BlueTooth GPSR and it works great.

If you do get a XDA2 I can hook you up with a copy of TTN3, you'll just need the GPSR then.

I've got a Pioneer Avic X1 DVD satnav touchscreen job. I'm VERY happy with it. The only problem I can forsee, is that when I hook my PC up to it, I'll not be able to use the touch-screen to control the pc, but will have to hook up a keyboard in some shape or form.

A little pricey though, coming in at anything between £1400-£2000, but then it is the dangly bit's of the puppies.

Kosmic that 2210 and tomtom3 package states:

What's Included in the Box

- TomTom Navigator III Software Disc [requires PC to download Maps]

- Official TomTom Navigator 12 Channel GPS Receiver

- HP iPAQ hx2110 series Handheld Computer

- Removable/Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery

- AC Adaptor

- USB Sync/Charger Cradle

- 2 x Touch Screen Stylii

- Protective Plastic Flip Cover

- Software Disc - Includes Active Sync, Outlook 2002 and Utilities

- User Manual

NOTE: Requires TomTom CarKit - please select from 'Configure & Buy'

So all you need with that is the car kit (which I assume includes the cradle)

In Car PCs are exactly that... a pc in the car...

You probably saw that large screen in my dash on sunday...that is the touchscreen for it..

Next time you are down, I'll show you the system up and running...

I'm running

Satnav, mp3, movies, camera, phone and soon ECU

Gav

In Car PCs are exactly that... a pc in the car...

You probably saw that large screen in my dash on sunday...that is the touchscreen for it..

Next time you are down, I'll show you the system up and running...

I'm running

Satnav, mp3, movies, camera, phone and soon ECU

Gav

yeah but...I was wondering about having Internet connection if anyones done that yet?