The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Noob questions about my car - please bare with me...

Guest Ec1202014

Guest Ec1202014

Sorry for the noob questions guys, I am using the search but when I find half hopeful threads some are so old the images have been removed and links no longer work…

Just have some questions - haven't got any Supra mates around here…

White LED kit for these dials, I'd like to try a mix of white and coloured ones like seen in the pic below. Or will this not work on these dials? Can anyone tell me which bulbs these are? i.e. 501 like a numberplate light. I know these have a couple of different types of bulbs… (I know they're KPH with the K covered up :p)

Mine

Want

Is this the original Aerotop removal tool? Has some Jap writing on it.

Are these J-spec or UK brakes? I was told UK but not so sure now. (ignore the colour! Decals ordered to return these back to OEM look whichever they are) Maybe the fronts are?....

Rears

The tool is the Aerotop tool, but it is far easier & quicker with an electric screwdriver - use something like a DeWalt which grips the bit, otherwise you spend ages looking for a black bit inside a black car if it falls out.

I'd recommend using white EL panels to illuminate the back of the dials, with coloured gel film between the EL panel and dial to colour the different areas. Then use white LED bulbs in place of the stock bulbs to illuminate the needles and odometer. The EL panels give a far more even spread of light through the dials compared to LED's.

You could source unprinted EL panels from this company http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-AUTO-PLASMA-GLOW-DIAL-KIT-TY-601-C-/251248999128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a7f9b7ad8

Guest Ec1202014

Thanks for the replies guys - all noted.

The dials might be a bit above my skill level but hopefully Heckler can help!

Sorry Alan, don't want to sell as I'd like to get as many of the original tools back for the car as possible - think I've got most of them though, even have the original Yoko space saver which I was surprised about. Probably no good with a set of 19's though so there's some tyre weld in there incase.