The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which radiator to go for?

Big Mark

I think the time has come to get a new radiator. Going to go for an aluminium one so looking online I've narrowed my choices down to?

One of the many aluminium ones on ebay (had one on my last car with no issued)

Mishimoto X-line from Future Motorsport for £237.15

Driftworks SuperCool for £205

Garage Whifbitz Supra Aluminium Radiator for £252

Japspeed Aluminium radiator for £159.

Anyone got 1st hand experience, good or bad with any of these?

My car is currently BPU Auto (yes I know i'll need a transmission cooler) but might fit a small single next year.

Edited by Big Mark (see edit history)

Why do you want to change the radiator? A stock one is fine for single turbo setups, even when roadracing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

To answer your question: I would consider the Koyo rad, since the quality is second to none. If I'm not mistaken it's also slightly larger than the other rads you mentioned.

I've got a slight water leak which might be coming from the radiator so a good time to add a bit of aluminium bling. Think all those rads are around 52 mm thick. And I'd guess they are all the same width and height or they'd be fitment issues.

Mishimoto. All day long. You get a lifetime warranty and the quality is second to none. I'm just about to fit one to my own car, as my Whifbitz one that's less than 2 years old has just failed. Tremendously.

I have an Ebay one on my TT and it fits ok, well sort of.. I had to slice a bit off the rubber mounts to get it to sit low enough. Other than that it has been good and on the car now for nearly 3 years.

The wife needed a new one for her NA and I bought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-3-0-24V-TURBO-TWIN-TURBO-1993-1998-AUTO-MANUAL-RADIATOR-NEW-/201320862087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item2edfa89187

Has the auto cooler in the bottom and fitted absolutely 100% perfect. So well in fact, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between it and OEM, other than its aluminium. Been on since Christmas and been fine.

I've got one like that now on my car, looks OEM at a glance except it's aluminium. And I think it's failing and causing my leak.

That's a worry seeing we have just replaced the engine on hers due to her cooking it up when the oem rad failed. How long has it been on Mark?

This is like the one I used on my TT and as said apart from sitting a bit high, so far it has been fine: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-1993-1998-MK4-JZA80-TWIN-TURBO-RACE-ALLOY-RADIATOR-/171232738438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27de443c86

I've got one like that now on my car, looks OEM at a glance except it's aluminium. And I think it's failing and causing my leak.

That's a worry seeing we have just replaced the engine on hers due to her cooking it up when the oem rad failed. How long has it been on Mark?

This is like the one I used on my TT and as said apart from sitting a bit high, so far it has been fine: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-1993-1998-MK4-JZA80-TWIN-TURBO-RACE-ALLOY-RADIATOR-/171232738438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27de443c86

ebay are ok but also differ in design and qualities.

Mishimoto is good and we also recommend them to most customers.

Koyo we sell to

Customers with larger projects and longevity and build toughness is more superior to others.

There is also PWR and CSF.

PWR do even larger cores but to only ever a good idea if your doing crazy power and need

More cooling capability.

So in your instance I would just go Mishimoto.

We have an offer on the Mishimoto Radiators at the moment, my oem one is looking pretty crappy so i will be opting for a Mishimoto one soon

Seen the offer. May well be placing an order when back from holiday for a rad and a transmission cooler.