The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RHD Japan

Westy

Anyone used RHD Japan before? I've been on their site looking at a couple of items and the prices look great in comparison to US/UK prices.

Even after shipping, duties and taxes it works out cheaper.

Looking for feedback on communication from them and authenticity of parts sold please.

Thank you in advance.:thumbs:

I used them quite a few times a number of years back when the exchange rate was better. You can get superb discounts if you buy in bulk.

I never had issue with them.

Edit - I bought a Greddy 2 row intercooler, cusco brace and a load of Defi gauges. All were genuine and in tip top order.

I've looked at buying in Blitz components from Japanese suppliers in the past but always found the freight frightening as they don't seem to bother with cheaper surface options and air freight is expensive. Consequently I've tended to buy from Continental Europe or USA suppliers when they are significantly cheaper than UK retailers, sufficient to justify a few days to a couple of weeks transit time on the parts. For anyone considering buying outside of the EU don't just get sucked in with the headline price as VAT and duty will be added once the parts enter the UK.

This is a good site that'll work out for you what a delivered duty paid price will be from any source.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Sorry to bring this up again but I've just had my first experience with RHD Japan and I can honestly say I'm really impressed!

I ordered a Defi gauge from them probably late Friday afternoon around 5. Had constant emails with updates of my order and it turned up this morning! Well impressed.

I'd recommend them to anyone looking to buy genuine parts at a decent price and need them asap. I'll definitely be back to buy again.