The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick NOS Question

a98pmalcolm

Hey all.

Quick question regardinh NOS

My Supra is running 680BHP. Its not running higher as the injectors are 650cc and are near on full duty cycle.

If i have a 50bhp NOS shot will that be ok with the injectors. I know that NOS burns different hense the extra power when applied but if its runs at 50bhp more when the NOS is applied will the extra bhp make the injectors have to open more to suply more fuel to compenstate the exta bhp? Or will the injectors run the same duty cycle because its the nos making the extra power?

Thanks

Not a expert but i think that you will need a bigger injectors , as the extra oxygen from NOS must to be compensate with extra fuel hence extra HP.

Ill might be wrong

Pretty much how i understand it too :)

Is it a wet or dry system?

A wet kit will feed the extra fuel through a fogger system to the intake by its own solonoid so you no need to worry about injectors.

A dry system on the other hand (Just nitrous) you will need bigger injectors if they're near maximum duty cycle as the fuel pressure regulator will see more pressure at the intake and be forced to let more fuel through.

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

If it was me I would just install bigger injectors and get the fuel map updated, since your running a Syvecs this would be an easy upgrade.

Why you looking to add NOS?

As already mentioned in here, it depends if you run Dry or Wet, my preference would be a dry system with hook in to the Syvecs to add any additional fuel properly via the main injectors, a wet system is a bit of fudge for a small increase ie 50hp, with a motor already producing 680hp I would be looking to do it the correct way if at all :D

EDIT: just to clarify, I am talking about foggers and not direct port which is another ball game ;)