The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend Me A Double Din Headunit

KamaSupra

Guest Ec1202014

I just installed one of these on Friday.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165655&productId=868945&storeId=10001

Ticked the boxes I wanted, USB connectivity on the face. Bluetooth audio connection, Bluetooth hands free which is actually very good as this part I believe is made by Parrot. It's double din and fits nicely. Also has blue controls which match my dash, although they can be turned to red also. And it's a pretty good price for an Alpine.

Only downside is that there are only two phono sockets on the back, so if you want a separate amp for speakers plus a sub then it's a bit of messing about. For me, I've just put a Vibe optisound 8 active sub/amp in. Original plan was to have it underseat but won't fit under the Supe seats. I've popped it on the parcel shelf though and being flat it fits perfectly under the aero lid so great for my needs. These have come on no end in the last few years too, the sound and bass were much better than I thought it'd be.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by Ec1202014 (see edit history)

I've got the clarion NX501E in mine, nice unit, sounds decent and does pretty much everything you can think of :thumbs:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/dannysupra/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/6FD92DC9-CA8F-4EB0-8C32-96ED4A5D693B.jpg

Something like that is what I want, does it stick out much?

I like the Sony XAV-68BT headunit, has anyone on here got one fitted that they could post up a photo of please? :)

Something like that is what I want, does it stick out much?

I like the Sony XAV-68BT headunit, has anyone on here got one fitted that they could post up a photo of please? :)

^^^^^ Anyone? :)

Any other recommendations? Pics if you could please :thumbs:

i have the henwood dnn9250dab.

It has every feature under the sun.. even wifi and u can talk to it lol. Emails, youtube, favebook ect ect.

I got mine to sit a few mm from the dash and looks awesome.

Its gunna get u back over £1k however

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/nav_mm/nav/DNN9250DAB/

Nice piece of kit :cool:

But £1k is a bit too much, as I only drive my car between April-October :D

I've got a kenwood ddx something... Bought it years ago. But it has everything inc sat nav

I'll take a looky, cheers :thumbs: