The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz ge swap. Need help with connect ecu.

Guest Tim86

Guest Tim86

Hello!!

Im new here, my name is Tim and im from sweden.

At first i must say that my english spelling sucks!!

Hope you can deal with that :)

Now to my problem.

I just bought a r33 without engine.

So i bought an 2jz ge from supra.

I need som help with the wiring,

which cables need to be connected?

If Someone can help me explain that.

Edited by Tim86 (see edit history)

Unless you really like hard work get a MKIV 2JZ-GE engine loom and ECU. That'll will get you started. Problems I can see are

getting suitable speed sensor signals. How are you mating the engine to the gearbox and is the R33 a 4WD GTR or a 2WD GTS-t?

Did you get the igniter with the engine? Any engine loom at all?

I have a high spec, freshly rebuilt GTSt engine for sale, forged pistons and rods, Garrett single turbo, proper wastegate set up, nice

cams in it, blah blah. You should have bought that. Getting the 2JZ working in an R33 is not for the feint hearted.

Guest Tim86

I don't see any problems to get the engin fierd upp in the r33.

It is a rwd gts.

Yes i have the igniter and original wiring and so on.

I just need to know witch cabels that is to fuelpump, +b, bat, al the cabels that i need to get it started.

I dont need the speed sensor.

No, but thanks, your engine is way to expensive for me :)

Im going to run a turbo on this engine with ecu 2 or something.

Most bang for the buck! Drift missile

Are you using the Toyota fuel pump ecu? Whatbnrelays from the Toyota loom have you? Even sat with the engine, looms and car this will not be trivial. I could manage it if it were all in front of me and someone was paying me £60 an hour, with no fixed time agreed to do it. But by e-mail, FOC? Nah, sorry, this would take days of e-mail exchanges, diagrams, photos, I would get a good local auto electrician in for a couple of days.

Have you got known good wiring diagrams for the Skyline and the engine donor car? They are where you need to start from.

In fairness your original post didn't ask for wiring to fire it up on the floor with just minimal connectivity to supply sparks and ignition.

And if you think a fuel system based on an open plastic bucket with petrol in it, with the guy creating sparks within feet of

the fume laden set up is a good idea, well....

The sort of thing in the video is a bit Bangladesh tin hut 'ish! :) It's definitely, as you say, not rocket science!