The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS F con Gold ECU help

Dim Sum

Kachun, have you got the wiring diagram for the ecu, as you'll need that to know where to connect to the map sensor wires to.

They have 3 wires. Positive, negative, and signal that goes to the ecu. I can't remember if they're 12v or 5v so you'll need to find that out too.

You can keep the stock map sensor, and have it mapped to that, if you don't want to run high boost levels

Thanks Gary

Don't know if anyone can answer the next question

My engine is a UK spec, Ive decided to get a base map for the stock sensor and then once I get to the mappers they can install the 3 bar sensors and what not.

I assume because its a UK spec do I need need to fix the MAF sensor onto the air intake pipe to get it running?

The US / UK / EU cars have a temp sensor in the mass air flow sensor and feeding the connector terminals, and another temp sensor in the plenum to read post turbo intake temps.

I think I spoke to the original poster just now, by phone. I just don't know if the HKS piggy back will work on a UK spec car, and whether it's able to work with the MAF sensor. He may need to make it think it's a Jap spec car and read throttle position and MAP signals as the main references. Standalone ECU's are just so much easier to deal with! I can't see HKS making an FCON for the UK / US / EU models, per se, but who knows? No public domain software, makes the job a total PITA, from fitting to troubleshooting after mapping.

The US / UK / EU cars have a temp sensor in the mass air flow sensor and feeding the connector terminals, and another temp sensor in the plenum to read post turbo intake temps.

I think I spoke to the original poster just now, by phone. I just don't know if the HKS piggy back will work on a UK spec car, and whether it's able to work with the MAF sensor. He may need to make it think it's a Jap spec car and read throttle position and MAP signals as the main references. Standalone ECU's are just so much easier to deal with! I can't see HKS making an FCON for the UK / US / EU models, per se, but who knows? No public domain software, makes the job a total PITA, from fitting to troubleshooting after mapping.

Yes Chris I was the one who called :)

I tried to call Sam but he wont be in till Tuesday. But the guy on the phone said that the UK spec runs on a map sensor and the MAF while JDM runs on just the Map but I think I rather make sure and speak to Sam. The guy on the phone don't seem to be sure:(

From what I know the HKS F Con gold I have at the moment has a base map based on stock UK spec but with SARDS 850CC injectors.

UK spec cars DEFINITELY have both a MAF sensor and a MAP sensor. None VVTi Jap spec TT's just use a MAP sensor for basic speed / density mapping.

If you intend putting cams in it you may find a MAF sensor is far from ideal due to air reversion in front of the turbo. Sam Borgmann will put you straight, he's as near to a genius as you'll find south of the Watford Gap ;)