The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much are Chris Wilson suspension set up worth?

johnd-mkiv

It would depend on the age of the setup IMO, 'normal' yellow bilsteins are £600 brand new just for the shocks, with brand new (although arguably lower quality) coilovers coming in at roughly that though, the price you can actually get may be lower.

have you checked if they are height adjustable platforms? Chris put height adjusters on the kit I bought from him but tbh even on its highest setting it was still to low for me. With your machine skills I wonderif you could space the spring up?

have you checked if they are height adjustable platforms? Chris put height adjusters on the kit I bought from him but tbh even on its highest setting it was still to low for me. With your machine skills I wonderif you could space the spring up?

Was your CW setup on with the CCW's Jamie? Got mine on the way and was considering a CW setup but if it's too low at the highest setting then I might struggle with the sizes of these wheels (same as yours)

Just been reading an old post on this, I'd assumed they was fixed! I'll take one off after work and see if they have. Might be able to make something up but think ill have to go coilovers as I want to drop the front a bit aswell

Was your CW setup on with the CCW's Jamie? Got mine on the way and was considering a CW setup but if it's too low at the highest setting then I might struggle with the sizes of these wheels (same as yours)

CW will be able to spec you a set at whatever ride height you want. :)

I had advans at the time, it was really low. Now way would they have fitted with my CCW's

CW will be able to spec you a set at whatever ride height you want. :)

I had advans at the time, it was really low. Now way would they have fitted with my CCW's

Cheers guys, best bet is probably to just drop it off at CW's and let him set it all himself. Will be tight fitting 11.5j's so not much room for speccing the suspension.

The spring seat lower platforms sit on square section circlips. You or I can machine new grooves higher up. I have the ratios calculated, so can machine a new groove or even multiple grooves to raise the car an inch. This is NOT of course at all technically correct. Raising ride height, or stiffening suspension to avoid tyre to arch contact is desperately poor practice. But I will do as I am bid ;)