The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie here looking to buy my first Supra

Supraman1511

Welcome, your in the right place to start looking and to get some advice!

I would advise taking some time on this forum to browse the cars for sale and buying guides first, its highly unlikely that car on the link has done 50,000 miles for its age and the condition it looks to be in (from what can be seen in the pictures anyway)! No doubt there will be plenty of advice coming your way on this thread soon :)

not a fan of lambo doors on Supra personally

Welcome! I only recently bought my first Supra but I learned very quickly to avoid any cars at Motorhub in Keighley, do a quick Google search and you might get an understanding of the quality of cars they sell.

Have a read through the FAQs on here first and then I would have a look at the members cars for sale as they're all well looked after and have a forum history that you can read through.

Getting my Supra Aero N/A Auto tomorrow!

65k miles - £3700

It needs a re-spray and new alloys but mechanically it seems perfect, no rust to be seen from what I can tell.

The MOT certificate has the past 5 yrs mileage on and all seems above board.

Also has the glass headlights :p

It needs a new shock absorber, I've had a look around and most suggest the stock bilsteins, anyone know where I could get some decent conditions ones? and is it good practice to replace the springs as well?

Edited by Supraman1511 (see edit history)

Thanks a lot guys, looks like I dodged a bullet there!

I'm interested in Crash's Aero but it's in Devon with a faulty gearbox :(

For the right car you will have to travel, I traveled to Bude just to buy mine and 2-3 hours where its having work done. Great cars are always worth checking in person and most of the time you will have to travel to find the best you can buy.

Also, is there a subscription fee to PM people and/or post in the classifieds?

yes you have to be a fully paid up member to use for sale and wanted section of the forum and to pm I believe, for £10 a year and up to £30 fora lifetime membership its money well spent as you see that returned ten fold in parts you buy and the people you meet on the forum ran events.

:welcome: to the club pay up and it opens a world of knowledge and wisdom :)

Guest Ec1202014
For the right car you will have to travel, I traveled to Bude just to buy mine and 2-3 hours where its having work done. Great cars are always worth checking in person and most of the time you will have to travel to find the best you can buy.

Listen to these wise words!

X 1 Easy Jet flight, X 1 hotel room and a 959km drive home to get my Supe mate. There as some pearlers out there and some dogs also.

As said, pay for the membership.

Not a great pic but it was dark and starting to rain, I'll get more tomorrow

11111054_10153315141498866_4996531595324373908_n.jpg

It needs a re-spray (I like gunmetal) and probably some new wheels, toying with the idea of spraying them black but I don't like them too much.

It also has just had a new catback exhaust costing about £400 (custom made from tony banks), new cam + aux belts and rocker cover gaskets, all with receipts. I think I got a pretty good deal really

Edited by Supraman1511 (see edit history)