The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery relocation to the boot

Dim Sum

Just wondering where have people installed the battery when relocating to the boot. If you have pictures that be good if you can upload it.

I debating about having a spare wheel but also want to keep what's left of the stock boot space.

I'm thinking of hacking the middle plastic in the boot between the shocks to modify it to fit the battery there with a custom box of some sort.

Just to want to see what members did and where they have placed it.

Mines wedged between the rear seat back and the body where the stock sub is, solid as a rock

Is that the plastic black bit where there's a hole in the middle between the rear shocks?

mine is fitted in the little shelf bit behind the rear seats, the ledge is about perfect width to fit a battery, I haven't got a photo on me but can take one later if you want :)

If you dont mind :)

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking but don't know if it is possible to make it fit flush with the carpet level, so I still have that space .

Also another thing here about the battery itself, is that a gel sealed battery or a normal battery?

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking but don't know if it is possible to make it fit flush with the carpet level, so I still have that space .

Also another thing here about the battery itself, is that a gel sealed battery or a normal battery?

Its a normal one, it should really be a sealed one like, you wont get one too sit flush, I dont think theres not enough depth

Its a normal one, it should really be a sealed one like, you wont get one too sit flush, I dont think theres not enough depth

Okay, to be honest I was planning to leave it the same like yours for the mean time and even use the normal battery. Has long as the car starts tidying it up can wait :)

Okay, to be honest I was planning to leave it the same like yours for the mean time and even use the normal battery. Has long as the car starts tidying it up can wait :)

Mines had the normal battery in there for over a year now, its been fine no smells or discharge from it yet, il get a gel one once this one gives up the ghost

Looking at doing this aswell as my bay is going to be tucked soon

How have you secured it in there? just a battery tray bolted in?

Its wedged in with the rear seat no bracket required, you could add one if you wanted, the seat back and the body where the boot starts wedge it in nicely

:thumbs:

You can probobly do it alot cheaper if you know which cable to buy and fuses to buy, the kits abit expensive for what it is but it was the easiest way of buying everything at once, btw the kit only comes with only battery terminal so you will need to buy another ;)

Mine fits between the rear seat and body mate, quite a snug fit with the fuse box and ABS relocation though :)

I am using an Odessey PC950 gel battery so I can lay it on its side and it fits under the carpet. You need to use at least 0 AWG to the starter motor.

I bought the battery relocation from SRD which had everything needed.