The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calipers

Guest dippy

Guest dippy

I need new front calipers for 1995 non-turbo Supra. Garage charged me for checking car and then said could not get them unless go to Toyota which would cost a fortune. Have had someone try and get me some or reconditioned ones and cant find any. Can anybody help please.

Do you know which brakes you have fitted? the Supra came with 2 options; the smaller 2pot/1pot and the larger 4pot/2pot, there are pics of each type here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?249089-Supra-Brake-setups

If you cannot rebuild the calipers yourself, then your best/cheapest option would be to get a company like http://www.biggred.co.uk/ to refurbish them for you. If you email them, saying which calipers you have they'll give you a quote to completely strip, paint and rebuild them.

I need new front calipers for 1995 non-turbo Supra. Garage charged me for checking car and then said could not get them unless go to Toyota which would cost a fortune. Have had someone try and get me some or reconditioned ones and cant find any. Can anybody help please.

Where in East Anglia are you? There's a guy in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire who has a shed load (quite literally) of reconditioned MkIII Soarer calipers. The front calipers of the Soarer TT and UZZ32 active V8 are identical to the J Spec MkIV Supra brakes.

Tcbparts.co.uk, ask for trevor, top guy and good prices, should be around 70£ for a refurbished caliper :D

Taken from their website:

Near Side Front Reconditioned Brake Caliper (Supplied on exchange)

Supra 3.0i JZA 80 Import N/A (1993 - 1999) 2 piston type calliper

Supra Twin Turbo Import (Early 1993 - 1996) 2 piston type calliper

Part number: CA1672

Price: £76.84 + vat

Off Side Front Reconditioned Brake Caliper (Supplied on exchange)

Supra 3.0i JZA 80 Import N/A (1993 - 1999) 2 piston type caliper

Supra Twin Turbo Import (Early 1993 - 1996) 2 piston type caliper

Part number: CA1672R

Taken from their website:

Near Side Front Reconditioned Brake Caliper (Supplied on exchange)

Supra 3.0i JZA 80 Import N/A (1993 - 1999) 2 piston type calliper

Supra Twin Turbo Import (Early 1993 - 1996) 2 piston type calliper

Part number: CA1672

Off Side Front Reconditioned Brake Caliper (Supplied on exchange)

Supra 3.0i JZA 80 Import N/A (1993 - 1999) 2 piston type caliper

Supra Twin Turbo Import (Early 1993 - 1996) 2 piston type caliper

Part number: CA1672R

Thanks! I would have copied it to but i'm on my phone :p

Guest dippy

I dont know what type i have to be honest. My mechanic i use told me that he can get them reconditioned at £200 each. I rang Bigg Red Ltd and they said twin is £119 or 4 piston is £129. I phoned Whifbitz and they said new would be £223 for UK spec or £297 for Jap spec. Cant get anyone to do it for me other than my mechanic at moment.

Guest dippy

Cant see photos as not a member as yet. Cant get under car and dont even know what a caliper looks like. I need a local mechanic that can help me.

Guest dippy
You don't need to get under the car, just look through the wheel and you'll see the caliper, it would pay you

to join the forum then we can help you

I will join the Club and appreciate all your help. I think its the 4 piston i have. Does anyone know anyone in Stevenage/Hitchin area that is a mechanic and could help me as my mechanic seems to think it will cost £200 each and that does not include new brushes and fitting. Bloody nightmare all this. Thanks.

Phone Toyota for a price, UK spec or 4 piston calipers not so long ago were just under £200 each

which for a large 4 piston caliper is cheap. Front pads were around £60 and discs around £70

If your local Toyota dealers aren't helpful call Steve Manley at Inchcape Toyota in Oxford 01865 291333 he is

an exellent parts guy and gives as much discount on genuine Toyota parts as possible.