wattwatt

Suspension  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Suspension

• BC Coilovers
    • Chris Wilson (Custom Valved) Bilstein's
    • HKS Hipermax IV

Hi all,

I desperately need to do my suspension as my current Tein Coilovers are knocking and banging and it's driving me crazy... I don't mind stiff suspension but do find my Tein Coilovers to be pretty solid so have been considering going back to shocks and springs or maybe some different Coilovers if they are not to harsh.

My current consideration which all appear to be similar in pricing for Brand New.

Chris Wilson custom valved Bilsteins (fast road) with ether his springs or Eibach springs

HKS Hipermax IV

BC BR Series Coilovers

What are everyone's thoughts on these options? The car will never see a track well unless you class the roads as my own race track ;) I'm swaying toward the Bilstein setup as i've read these are a great setup and would be a much more comfortable ride and being Custom from CW will give the desired handling for messing around out on the everyday race track...

I've added a pole to see what people would choose for themself?

Edited by wattwatt (see edit history)

Yeah I've already had a chat with Chris and for my use he has recommended the Fast Road setup which at the moment is top of my list but I keep hearing positive reviews on the other coilover's and wondered what everyone opinion was and if others have these different setups would give me their feedback :)

So looking at the Poll it would appear most are of the same opinion I was original having which was to go for shocks/springs from Chris... Time to get some pennies saved up as unfortunately out in the 'Zoo' I've read you have Chris I'd imagine you can't take a Credit Card?? :(

Really depends what the car is used for. But for a fast road car that is used regularly, CW's.

If you're more bothered about 'stance' than how it drives, then go for BC coilovers. If you want a track focused setup with some adjustability, either CW's with adjustable platforms or the HKS.

The Bilsteins will be higher quality than the other setups too.

So looking at the Poll it would appear most are of the same opinion I was original having which was to go for shocks/springs from Chris... Time to get some pennies saved up as unfortunately out in the 'Zoo' I've read you have Chris I'd imagine you can't take a Credit Card?? :(

Sorry, no, but perhaps you could consider Paypal supported by a credit card?

As Jellybean said the fast road CW suspension on my track car is something to behold, if there is a weak point in my car's set-up it certainly isn't the coilovers Chris worked his magic on.

I'll certainly be talking to Chris about what to do next with my own, or a completely new set of race-spec'd Bilstein coilovers when the time(money) comes.

The Three options all represent three different price brackets so would depend on funds available.

I have BC's on mine and had them setup properly along with a full geo, and I personally feel my car handles great and massively better than when it was on KYB's.

However I have heard nothing but good things about CW's setups, but I have never used them so cant comment personally.

If you are going to go with coilovers factor in for them being setup properly not just bolted in on the driveway. Makes all the difference.

I got bc's on my supe mate, and they are pretty harsh i think with my 19's on.

I got a set of Bilsteins on my Audi a3 tho and they are absolutely spot on. Not too crashy at all, just about right for me, but then again its on an Audi not a supe and my Audi is on 18's as well...

Can always take you out in mine sometime.

As you know I have BC racing on mine and you have been for a passenger ride. They can be harsh at times when roads are not at there best but for price they are good value. Not experienced the others so cannot give you an opinion but have heard good things about Chris's.

CWs are far better than the kyb's I had on my supe;) but a friend of mine has nitron's on his supra and they are epic but bloody expensive you will not be disappointed with Chris's shocks:thumbs:

Looking at the poll results it is quite clear there is a lot of sway towards CW's custom bilstein setup, so just awaiting on payday to see how clear I am on other bills and may be hitting the credit card up quicker then I planned...

John yours didn't actually feel that bad to be honest well compared to my tein's anyway!! But then I may have been more focused on the speedo to even notice lol...