The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I finally found one! I'm now an Aerotop owner - I'll call her Kuro.

Guest Ec1202014

Guest Ec1202014

Well as many of you have seen, replied to and been pestered on PM's in my search for an Aerotop - I now pleased to say I own one and I'm chuffed with it, a black NA auto.

Now, when I see replies in adverts saying "its just a bit too far away for me" - Pah, don't let that stop you! I flew from Inverness down to Bristol yesterday, then very kindly got picked up by the seller (an old member on here) and driven to South Wales. Then the journey began. South Wales to Wolverhampton last night and then onto in north of Inverness today - 959.9km later and she's sat on my drive.

The car hasn't been used much in the last 2-3 years and hardly at all in the last 12 months so I was a little worried about asking it to go so far straight away. It had its MOT issued yesterday, about 2 hours before I arrived. I asked the seller to have the oil dropped and changed etc just for piece of mind. We'd agreed a price on the phone based on some pictures and his reporting of condition and when I got there it was actually better than I thought it was going to be. So I said I wouldn't even haggle with him, gave him a brick shape of lump of cash and drove off.

Absolutely knackered now but buzzing too. Can't wait to give it a good clean and detail over the next few days and learn all about it.

I had all sorts planned in my head, going through the threads on various things - carpet dying, leather refurb, roof lining etc - but when I got there someone, at some point had done it all already.

I'm sure some will recognise the car, the previous owner to me did attend a few meets he said, its got the mkivsupra sticker in the window, and I'd hazard to say he got it from someone on here some 5 years ago.

Its a great base to start on whichever way I go with it. Totally stock engine, does have a kit and wheels on it, plus a TRD carbon bonnet but I may well be making a few changes to these. Want to get the cam belt changed as I don't know when it was last done, he had the belt for me but I forgot to put it in the car! Hopefully in the post tomorrow. Will start a separate thread with my questions on this though!

Altogether though I'm thrilled with it and had a fantastic drive up - a real testament to the Supra to perform like that!

Only pictures I've got just now are the original for sale pics and a couple I took at the services on the way but will get some proper ones up next week.

I'm really hoping its a good one and someone on here isn't going to tell me something awful about its history!!

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8630.JPG

Edited by Ec1202014
pics added (see edit history)

Guest Ec1202014
Ahhhh. YOOOOOU bought it. TheTurtleshead was after the plate. Looks tidy enough.

Muhaha

Yep, it was a Facebook find. Saw there was some interest in the plate - well, a lot of interest in the car actually… Nice seller, good for his word he was.

Welcome and although I don't know the car I would be very surprised if it's a dog, it looks very nice. I like the kit extras on it, the rear, vs side skirts (not popular but I think they look good on a Supra and vented bonnet, also nice wheels. Looks like you got a nice car and welcome to the topless club :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ec1202014

Had some decent weather so started by giving the engine a good clean through in preparation for a full service and cam belt change - I think it came up quite well.

Before

After

Guest Ec1202014

Just a few general pics after a clean, sadly when I had the time and weather to polish it - the paint was too hot so still needs polishing and buffing up a bit.

Glad I got the Aero - even being an NA, driving through mountain roads and looking up above the windscreen is priceless!

Bit of new ICE

Incredibly impressed with the Vibe Optisound 8 - for the money and size its great.

First job now is to get that stupid wind deflector off - I really don't understand its point. Makes no difference to the wind, at least from what I could tell and just makes a racket!

Going to enjoy the summer in it, but am looking forward to winter to start the work on it - I'm sure my bank balance isn't though…

Guest Ec1202014
go to your orginal post and click edit and make sure you hit go advanced then you should be able to do it.

I too have an aero so understand what your saying... are you going on Applecross? I am very tempted now...

Sorted thanks bud.

Yeah if I'm here then it would be rude not too! I need to meet some of you guys from here. And if the weather is good, I promise you there is no better place in the UK to drive than in North Scotland! Only down side will be the tourist drivers!

Very nice, worth the hard work in the engine bay. As regards the wind deflectors they are noisy and irritating (but go down on their own at about 70mph if you can do that speed in n N/A :() but they are only of any use if you have rear seat passengers to be honest, when to be fair they do what they are meant to do. If you don't have people to ferry about take them out :).

• 11 months later...
Guest Ec1202014

I know it's nothing special being an NA but thought I'd just revive my thread and document some bits I've been doing recently....

Headlight restoration, came up quite well.

Then swapped out the Do-Luck front bumper and veilside skirts for OEM ones.

Liking the look now.

Next job is to swap my TRD Carbon bonnet out for a standard black OEM one. And may change the 19's for some 18's.

I am on the waiting list for a TT conversion from Keron too.