The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tail light electrics

cainhead

Hello,

Need a little help with a project I am thinking of starting. I have toying with the idea of the LED rear lights as I am trying to add small updates to the car. I have been speaking with Heckler about getting some PCB's made for me to fit myself, and will probably end up going down that route. Right now though I have a spare set of rear lights which I have taken apart and I also have a couple of LED cob rings. Looking on line I do like the look of those toxic tail lights and thought might as well have a go. The question I have is about fitting a smaller ring inside a larger one using one of the middle two lights on each side to use as a brake light. SO -

- Which of the two wires (Green or green/white) is the signal from the brake pedal, and if I connected that one to the inner ring and the other wire to the outer, could I then wire them both to the black/white ground wire that's in the bulb holder. I guess the green wires are 12v but could someone confirm.

Many thanks for any assistance that can be given, would love to have something to do this weekend other than the garden.

Cheers