The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Member

Acton

Hi everyone,

Just posting a quick hello.

My name is Tom, just turned 25 and its been a 15 year long dream that i would one day own a Toyota Supra (yes it did begin when the first Fast and Furious film came out and no i can't believe it was that long ago either!!)

I've owned (and modified) a few Minis (classic of course) and Fords, culminating in my current car:

But i can no longer live without the howl of a 2J-Z and so the little red Fiesta will be going to make way for a Supra. I'm sure it'll probably end up being an auto n/a as that's about as much as i seem to be able to afford, but hopefully joining here will arm me better with knowledge and i'll be able to pick up a good car. I'm not in a hurry, so i can take my time and find the best one possible for me.

Anyway, hello, and apologies in advance for any stupid questions i may ask!

Welcome to the club - what's your budget and then we may be able to point you to what models are achievable

If you pay your £10 membership you will then have access to the classifieds and a wealth of knowledge

Welcome to the club - what's your budget and then we may be able to point you to what models are achievable

If you pay your £10 membership you will then have access to the classifieds and a wealth of knowledge

Hi!

My budget is between £3k - £6k, ideally as low as possible!

From the research I've done over the last few months, I'm thinking of going down the NA-T route. Buying a N/A auto gives me time to save up for a turbo kit and then some time in the future possibly a manual conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anywhere you would recommend i looked - Been trawling Autotrader/ Pistonheads/ Gumtree/ eBay and here. Is there anywhere else i should try?

With regards to budget i think i can probably go to around £4k, but no more. Obviously in that range it'll be a NA auto or manual.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the forum

Once you paid to become a member you can use the sales/classified section.

Trust me, don't rush and take your time. You never know a decent TT (auto) might fall into your budget.

That would be cool! I'm just trying to stay realistic to what i can get

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome along Tom.

Have a read through the posts on here and you'll become well informed and have a good idea what you're going to be after and the best way to achieve it.

:thumbs:

Thank you :)

I've spent quite a lot of time reading through quite a few project threads. There's some seriously good builds out there! Given me a lot of ideas

Hi Craig, yes they are. I bought them a few years ago and had them on my mk6 ST, then when i got the new one i kept the wheels and moved them over :)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee267/tdacton1/washandpolish_zpscdff8493.jpg

Beautiful wheels, I hope you sure similar taste with your Supra when you find one.

Out of interest, where did you buy them from?

Beautiful wheels, I hope you sure similar taste with your Supra when you find one.

Out of interest, where did you buy them from?

Yeah, i enjoy modifying cars in a tasteful way. I could post up picks of my mini's i built but not sure how interested people would be in seeing those.

I got my wheels direct from Fifteen52 in the states as there were no UK suppliers at the time. I got them as soon as i saw them on the first Gymkhana fiesta to have them (on an interesting side note, i just happened to be at Universal Studios in LA on the day they filmed Gymkhana 4 - so i got to see it before the rest of the world!)

I know Mountune are going to be stocking the new Turbomac wheel in the next few months, not sure about the Tarmac though

Depends if you went any further than black plastic arches and wide minilites!

I really want a set of their F40 wheels, even though I don't have a car to put them on. They really need a decent UK dealer so that I can visit them and ogle the wheels

Depends if you went any further than black plastic arches and wide minilites!

I really want a set of their F40 wheels, even though I don't have a car to put them on. They really need a decent UK dealer so that I can visit them and ogle the wheels

Hahaha that's what most people do! The first one was a complete body off rebuild, painted matt black, full race interior, custom dash and door cards etc. The second one was just a clean up and nice minilite wheels :p

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats what spec did you get in the end, looks tidy!

It's an NA auto. Ideally i would have preferred a manual, but this was in such good condition that I couldn't really pass it up. Radiator needs flushing due to its inactivity, but other than that it's great.